chapter 26 - expecting you

"Sunoo isn't picking up my calls." Ni-ki shared the news with his friends, causing a collective exhalation of disappointment to fill the hospital room. The clock on the wall ticked closer towards 4 am, marking the early hours of the morning when all of them gathered to support Sunghoon while he received medical treatment from the diligent doctors.

A profound stillness fell upon the group of boys, their hearts pounding with anticipation as they anxiously awaited the emergence of the doctor from the surgical room, eager to receive the long-awaited news that the surgery had triumphantly concluded with resounding success.

Each one of them was overwhelmed with anxiety, completely consumed by a barrage of negative thoughts.

Jake held his phone tightly in his hand, his eyes fixated on the screen, filled with an overwhelming desire for Sunoo to acknowledge his messages, even if it was just a glimpse.

The other members of the group are unaware of the exact details regarding the situation between Sunghoon and Sunoo, yet it is common knowledge among them that in the event of any unfortunate circumstances befalling Sunghoon, the individual they would unquestionably reach out to first would be none other than Sunoo.

However, it appeared that the situation took a turn for the worse when Sunoo failed to respond to their countless phone calls and text messages.

"Fuck." Jay let out a profanity that reflected his frustration and despair. He inhaled deeply, his breath trembling with emotions, and sank into the comfort of a chair. His hands instinctively moved to cover his face, then found solace in running through his hair, as if trying to alleviate the overwhelming sense of exasperation that consumed him.

Jungwon felt a rush of anxiety as he observed his boyfriend, his mind filled with worry. He carefully took a seat next to Jay, wrapping his arm around him in a gentle embrace. Jay could sense his eyes welling up with tears, his emotions running high, causing his lips to quiver uncontrollably.

Seeking solace and comfort, Jungwon tenderly ran his hand up and down Jay's back, providing a soothing touch. In a tender gesture of affection, he planted a soft, reassuring kiss on Jay's head.

Feeling a heavy weight of despair, Ni-ki released a deep and sorrowful sigh, allowing his body to sink down onto the cold, unforgiving floor. In a vulnerable position, he hunched over, seeking solace as his trembling hands instinctively shielded his face from the outside world.

An overwhelming flood of emotions engulfed him, leaving him utterly lost and unsure of how to process it all. The sudden disappearance of his dear friend left a void in his heart, a void that seemed impossible to fill. On top of that, the news of his other friend's severe injuries inflicted a deep sense of anguish and concern.

In this moment, Ni-ki was left grappling with a complex mix of fear, sadness, and an overwhelming sense of helplessness.

Jake and Heeseung embraced each other tightly, finding solace in the comforting touch of their bodies. Jake lovingly stroked Heeseung's back, providing a sense of reassurance and support. With his head nestled against Jake's strong shoulder, Heeseung clung onto Jake's hoodie, seeking warmth and security.

Jay attempted to hide his tears by concealing his face with his hands, ensuring that his emotional distress remained discreet. By his side, Jungwon provided comfort and support, offering a compassionate side hug while gently tracing circles on Jay's shoulder with his thumb.

Ni-ki rose from his seat, a heavy sigh escaping his lips. He wiped away a few stray tears, his fingers tangling in his disheveled hair. "I just need a moment," he muttered, announcing his intention to visit the restroom. Without wasting another second, he hurriedly made his way towards the bathroom, seeking solace in its confines.