chapter 3 - just keep breathing

"I WAS WHAT?!"

"Dude quiet down. You're not the only person in this cafeteria."

"Oh, sorry." Ni-ki sat back down on the chair after apologizing. After informing Jake's friend (Ni-ki) that he was going to be sold, he switched his focus to Jake, who was eating quietly at the time.

"All right, but what the hell? I honestly thought the proprietor was joking!" The younger man expressed his surprise.

"Won, can I have some of your kimchi, please? Mine is finished." When Sunoo inquired, Jungwon nodded and moved his dish over to Sunoo, who eagerly accepted some kimchi.

"It appears that they are not kidding this time. So, bye, I guess." Jake shoveled more food into his mouth as he shrugged. unaware at all of Ni-ki's perplexity, dread, or interest?

"What do you mean, 'Bye, I guess'? Boy, by the look on your face, I couldn't tell if you were being sincere or not." Ni-ki made a remark as Jake raised an eyebrow and observed the younger man.

"Is that a compliment or an insult?" Jake asked.

"Any."

"Then, are you saying that I look ugly?!" The statement, which was uttered by none other than Nishimura Riki, plainly angered the man. Sim Jake was furious. He began to judge the younger man as he looked at him from all angles.

"Aye man, it's not my fault you interpreted it poorly. I uttered any. You could have easily picked the better option, you know damn well that for sure." Ni-ki gave Jake an expressionless look as the elder man simply sighed and rolled his eyes.

"K."

"Is this bitch for real right now?"

"Jake?"

"JaKE?"

"JAKE?"

"OH MY FUCKING GOD JAKE! DID YOU NOT CLEAN YOUR EARS OR SOMETHING?! WHY AREN'T YOU RESPONDING?!"

Jake was repeatedly shaken by Ni-ki in an attempt to catch his attention, but it was unsuccessful. It was really challenging to convince a grumpy Jake.

"Do you know Sunghoon from the gc? Or is he for real an old man?" Sunoo struck up a discussion with Jungwon but when the man heard the word "old man," he immediately grumbled.

"I don't. I had no idea with whom I fought last night either." Sunoo nodded in acknowledgement as Jungwon spoke.

"But I appreciate you raising this issue with Cbat. Because I found it upsetting as well." Sunoo grinned and praised the man who immediately acted so happy and cheerful.

Saying "Aish, no worries." Jungwon tucked his hair behind his ear and gave Sunoo a little prod.

Sunoo 'playfully' shoved Jungwon to the side after mockingly laughing at the prod. Jungwon, a mf who thrives on competition, didn't think twice about pushing him to the left.

You could observe two boys pushing each other and one boy violently shaking another boy to death if you came across this gathering of boys. I have to admit that it was a gathering made up mostly of average and sane individuals.

"Sim Jaeyun!" The not-so-quiet cafeteria was echoed by a high-pitched female voice. The mentioned man was in a panic.

He made direct eye contact with Sunoo as he attempted to deflect Jungwon's blow. He gripped Jungwon's wrists and commanded Jake to leave the area, "Run your ass out of here!"

Jake got out of the chair without wasting any time. Ni-ki was left alone at the table with two other insane persons as he (Jake) swiftly fled for his life out of the cafeteria.