chapter 14 - friendship

"Is Jungwon asleep?" Jake asked the boy who just came out of Jungwon's bedroom, slowly closing the door to not making any sound.

"Yeah. I already tried to wake him up but he said he'll eat later." Sunoo informed his friends as Ni-ki kept pressing the buttons on the remote to find a show to watch on Netflix.

Sunoo then sat down next to Jake and opened his food.

The three boys started to eat their food while watching the movie "Barbie".

×××

The three boys were studying as they waited for their ill friend to wake up from his slumber. It was all silent because even Ni-ki was quiet. Him and Jungwon would always find a way to bicker one another now if one of them is gone, that means silence.

"Jake," Ni-ki spoke up, breaking the silence. Sunoo kept quiet as he continued to answer some questions in the book.

Jake hummed in response as he glanced up to see Ni-ki doodling in his book.

"Doesn't this give you some sort of nostalgia?" He asked, making the others in the living room quiet. The fact that Jake knew what Ni-ki was talking about kinda hurt him to remember the past.

Silence again, engulfing the three boys. Sunoo stole glances at the duo when he realised their mood shifted after Ni-ki asked the question. He didn't like it at all, he didn't like the atmosphere in the living room.

Sunoo sighed and put down his pen, earning looks by the duo.

"Please finish the conversation. It's making me curious." Sunoo closed his book as he rested his arms on the table, waiting for the two boys to finish their conversation.

"What conversation?" Jake asked, giving Sunoo an awkward laugh.

"Don't try to act clueless, Jake. You both know what I'm clearly talking about." Sunoo shook his head at Jake's attempt to gaslight him.

Jake sighed in defeat, knowing there was no going out of this. Ni-ki kept quiet, continuing his drawing.

"It's complicated. I couldn't really speak about it because it's about Jungwon. Even though I'm his friend, it's Jungwon's past." Jake explained, ruffling his hair.

Sunoo nodded at his statement and gave him a small smile. "Is that so?" He asked.

"Mhm." Jake returned the smile.

"If you want to know about it, maybe you could ask him. He'll probably tell you. If he doesn't want to, don't force him." Ni-ki spoke up, closing his sketch book as Sunoo shook his head at Ni-ki's suggestion.

"No, nevermind." Sunoo declined. "I think it would be better for me to wait till he trusts me enough to tell me about it." He explained as he opened his book back, to continue his study.

Jake and Ni-ki glanced at each other after hearing Sunoo's response. They couldn't help but smile, knowing that Sunoo was truly a great friend to them.

The bedroom door then opened, catching the trio's attention instantly. There Jungwon, sniffling as he rubbed his eyes, walking towards them in the living room.

"Good morning sleeping ugly." Ni-ki made a comment as he smirked.

"Fuck off." Jungwon hissed and glared at Ni-ki before walking off to the kitchen to wash his sleepy face.