chapter 16 - differences

"So did you guys kiss in the bathroom?"

"Ni-ki, can you stop asking that shit over and over again?"

"Jungwon, we're home—What in the name of hell are those?" As soon as Jake noticed the black plastic bags on the kitchen counter, he rushed into the flat.

"Oh, there's a tiny note." As he removed the sticky note from the counter, Sunoo made a comment.

He began to read it aloud.

"Jay here. Hello. I purchased food for you guys and Won. No need to thank me; just enjoy it. I'm doing this out of sincerity. Go gentle on Jungwon; he had a difficult day. He is probably napping in his bedroom."

Ni-ki began to unload the food while Sunoo set the sticky note down and nodded.

"You guys can have food first. I'll go find Jungwon." Sunoo told his pals, to which they responded by nodding. After hearing the reply, Sunoo moved in the direction of Jungwon's bedroom and unlocked the door.

Jungwon was there, studying for an upcoming test on the study table.

"Jungwon, you're awake." At the sight of Jungwon, Sunoo said as his eyes somewhat expanded.

Said man then turned around. "You've arrived, I see. How come I missed it." After removing his glasses, Jungwon got off of the chair.

"We just returned. How are you feeling? Are you okay?" Sunoo asked as Jungwon only gave him a fleeting smile.

"I feel a lot better."

Sunoo's brows wrinkled at that comment. Then, Jungwon left the room, leaving Sunoo alone himself in the bedroom. He sighed and then went after Jungwon.

He couldn't help but be dubious of Jungwon's actions.

×××

Heeseung furrowed his brows as he observed the two other lads, both of whom had the last name Park, acting extremely oddly in his opinion.

Jay continued to doze off, but Sunghoon was unable to contain his giggles and smiles.

"Did something happen?"

They both flinched as they heard Heeseung's voice and turned to face him. The boys were currently preparing for their final exam day at the library.

"N-No! Honestly, what makes you think that?" Sunghoon attempted to diffuse the situation by whistling, which caused Jay to clear his throat.

Heeseung responded by sighing. "You two are acting so strangely, how can I not think about it. Yesterday, something undoubtedly occurred, right?" He said, casting a suspicious glance at the two youngsters.

"Though something happened to me yesterday, I don't believe Jay's behavior is a result of what happened," Sunghoon spoke and looked across at Jay, who was sitting next to him.

"He's anxious right now because he planned to finally fucking confess to Hana." As he clapped Jay on the back, he added.

"Close it. You are a coward all by yourself. How soon are you going to approach Sunoo?" When Jay snapped, Sunghoon's hand was yanked from his back.

"Yes, I did that yesterday," The other boys' eyes widened in surprise as Sunghoon shrugged.