chapter 19 - official

Jake let out a low groan, his body squirming in an attempt to find a more comfortable position on the bed. However, his efforts were abruptly halted when he sensed a sudden tightness around his waist. In that moment, his eyes fluttered open, only to be greeted by the peaceful slumbering visage of Heeseung.

In a sudden moment of realization, his eyes grew wide with surprise as he lifted the blanket and discovered that he was only clad in his boxer shorts, while Heeseung, on the other hand, was sporting a pair of gray sweatpants without a t-shirt on.

"Enjoying the view?" Jake was completely caught off guard by Heeseung's deep and raspy voice as it interrupted his intense gaze fixated on Heeseung's physique, causing him to momentarily lose himself in the captivating view.

Jake's face turned a deep shade of red as he gently folded the soft, snowy white blanket in his hands. He hesitantly lifted his gaze and found himself locking eyes with Heeseung, who had a mischievous smirk playing on his lips and his eyes half-closed in a seductive manner.

"Good morning, baby." Heeseung gently leaned in towards Jake, planting a tender kiss upon his forehead. His touch was filled with an affectionate tenderness as he lovingly caressed Jake's cheek, embodying a sense of warmth and adoration that could only be conveyed through such a gentle gesture.

Jake was taken aback by the surprising nickname, causing his jaw to drop in disbelief. He struggled to find his words, stuttering out a barely coherent "B-Baby?"

Meanwhile, Heeseung couldn't help but find amusement in Jake's reaction, finding it endearing. To further heighten Jake's embarrassment, Heeseung pulled him closer, intensifying the blush that had already spread across his face.

"Yes?" Heeseung replied.

"No, I meant—"

Heeseung found amusement in the situation and let out a laugh while gently stroking Jake's cheek. "Oh, don't worry, love. I was only teasing you. Your bewildered expression is absolutely adorable." Playfully, he pinched Jake's nose, causing him to shake his head and unconsciously pout.

"You confessed to me last night, after you got drunk." Heeseung conveyed, a hint of amusement evident in his smile, causing Jake's eyes to widen with surprise. "And, I like you too, Jaeyun." He disclosed affectionately, leaning closer to plant a gentle kiss on Jake's forehead.

Jake's face turned red with embarrassment as he attempted to distance himself from Heeseung, only to be met with a sharp pang of discomfort coursing through his back.

"Argh—"

"Oh shit, are you okay?" Heeseung immediately settled into a sitting position and removed the blanket but Jake felt embarrassed so he put the blanket back on.

"Now why are you hiding it from me? I thought you'd love to show it to me, like last night." Heeseung's adorable pout formed on his face as he leaned down to get a better view of Jake, who was snugly concealed beneath the cozy blanket.

Heeseung let out a deep breath of frustration as he observed the male's complete lack of movement.

Jake noticed the pressure on the bed gradually diminishing, prompting him to lower the blanket. However, to his surprise, he was faced with Heeseung standing before him, donning a comfortable t-shirt.

Despite his efforts to sit up, he found himself unable to suppress the involuntary groans of agony escaping his lips.

Upon hearing the groaning, Heeseung swiftly turned his attention towards his beloved partner.

"Now now, slow down." He then proceeded to don his glasses and approached Jake, extending a helping hand to assist him in settling onto the soft mattress of the bed.