Baby Talk

AYA POV

I woke up to heavy breathing against my chest, Carina had placed her face in between my breasts with her nose against my sternum, she was suffocating herself. The heaving, warm, and quick deep breathes came raggedly, and despite it being a compliment that that was where she wanted to hide. I didn't necessarily want to find my wife dead by smothering, I should be happy I hadn't moved so I was on top of her, she would have drowned. With those thoughts fleeting around my brain, I heard a deep and croaky moan. A sign that the sleeping angel was slowly waking up.

"I had a dream that I was choking" She whispered as she sat up, getting her bearings of where we were.

"Of you definitely were drowning yourself... in between my breasts" I giggle as she feigns shock, taking the opportunity to move herself to the exact position she had been in, but taking a deep breath of air beforehand. Of course, she didn't fall asleep afterwards but joined me in taking in the morning frost, the webbing of the ice cascading around the windowsills, with the slight fog keeping the neighbourhood and the city a secret.

"We need to talk to your brother today" She all but barked as she ran out of the bed, the calmness of the morning was about to be replaced with a rather stressed atmosphere. Over the last year we had done several fertility tests for Carina to carry our children, everything was perfect. She'd completed so many tests, tests for things I'd never heard of. It was finally the day for us to talk to my brother about being a sperm owner. We'd discussed that she'd first carry her egg which also contained my brother's DNA, all done medically, of course. The next round would be an egg of mine with her brother's DNA, the best way for both of us to biologically be involved in the babies.

"Are you nervous?" I asked her as I walked into the kitchen, already seeing her cleaning the counter for her to start cooking breakfast.

"I mean what's the worst that could happen, he could never talk to us again and think it's weird" She blurted out, really taking away any confidence we both had. "But hey, he will be here in 10 minutes so we can see" She muttered wide eyed, as she looked at the clock on the adjoining wall. With her eyes glued to the clock, there was a knock at the door. Within milliseconds, Carina had made her way back to our room to get properly dressed, not that I was complaining about her bare legs, no bra look.

"How would you feel about having a baby with my wife?" I don't quite know why I worded the question that way, and from the pure shock on both faces. I could tell that what I had said wasn't quite right, I didn't need to see the reactions to know that.

"Let's not word it that way" Mason replied, a grin gracing his face as he takes in my rising panic.

"I was going to offer you breakfast first but it seems my wife didn't have the same idea" Carina feigns annoyance as she lightly slaps the back of my head. "And since my dear wife decided that we'd get this conversation over and done with. I can as well tell you what she meant by this conversation. You know that we have started looking at creating our own family, having children. And, we've decided that we'd like to use close family samples to make sure that our DNA is both within our future children. So, ideally an egg of mine would be mixed with your sperm. And at some point, Andrea's sperm will be mixed with your sisters" She explains, mostly in her doctor voice.

"Oh okay" Is the only response we receive of Mason before he starts picking at the array of food on our dining table.