High School. (26)

(A/N, don't forget Tom and Bill are born in 2004 in this story. In 2023, they'd be 19, but they still look like 2000's them.)

2017, April 3rd
Tom POV:

I sat alone quietly on my chair, placing my books on my desk. I looked around myself paranoid, hoping it would be a good day and no would would try to talk to me.
I heard the door creak open, I sigh. Assuming it was Zain or one of his other little friends that always came late.

I looked over at the door and my mouth dropped, seeing this stunning girl. She had long luxurious hair, brown roots that faded into blonde at the bottom with the most memorising green eyes.
Who is she..?

"Wow, what a beautiful girl."
I glanced over at Zain, trying to flirt with the new girl. Fuck.

"Oh, ahah. Thank you."
She awkwardly said back, the teacher, Ms Hart, came in.

"Alright, Aaliyah. Hmm, you can sit the middle row over there, that'll be your new seat."
Ms Hart told her, yes! Aaliyah came and took the spot next to me, I looked away as I didn't want to creep her out.

"Hi."
I said nervously, trying to make conversation. She looked over at me and gave me a warm smile.

"Hi, what's your name?"
She asked, I returned the smile back to her before I spoke,

"My name's Tom."
Aaliyah looked as if she was going to say something, but the loud voice of our teacher cut her off as she began to talk.

🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻

"She's so pretty."
I ranted to Bill in the corner of the lunch room.

"She's not all that, I have an art class with her. She's just an ordinary girl."
Bill explained, but I didn't believe a word he said. This girl had to be different, I just know it.

"Oh, hey Tom."
Aaliyah walks past my table, waving at me before she walks away with her new friends. I give her a weak smile, waving back to her before she sits down.

"See? She's just a normal girl. Unlike her friend, Jade.."
My brother said, looking all starry-eyed at his little crush, Jade.

"I want to talk to her more, but I don't know how."
I sighed, Bill opened his mouth to speak before glaring at some boys walking over. Ugh, Zain and his little fucking friends.

"Hey, it's the emo and the girly one."
I don't know why he liked to bother us. Just because my brother likes to wear a different style and I like having a ponytail doesn't make us any different from other people, does it?

"Leave us alone."
Bill said with a trembling voice, we were both scared of them but he was a bit more confident than me.

"What, are you going to cry? See this table you're sitting on? Move. This is my table now."
I sighed and me and my brother both looked at each other before grabbing our food and leaving. Going off to eat in the gym bathrooms again.

We both sat on the benches inside the gym bathroom, locking the door behind us.
"Hey, at least no one can bother us here."
I tried to cure my brother's sadness.

"I just wish people would treat us like we were normal."
Bill looked down as he said that, I grabbed his hand and squeezed it tight.

"But we'll always have each other, right? We don't need other people, they're all assholes anyway if they're going to judge us on how we like to dress or style ourselves."
Even though I had the exact same bad thoughts as him, I still wanted him to feel better about it. He's all I have right now.