~Year 6~ The First Attempt

"So this is the vanishing cabinet?" I said as I looked at a large cabinet. It looked almost like a fancy wardrobe. "Have you tried any spells?"

Draco shook his head.

"We need to get this fixed so we can let the Death Eaters into the school." I pulled a book.

"I found a spell that could fix the cabinet.." I said pointing at the page in the book, "but it'll take a lot of repeated effort and a while to fix."

"Harmonia Nectere Passus." Draco read from the page. "You sure this'll work?"

"It better," I said sucking in a breath. "because I don't know what we'll do if it doesn't"

We worked in silence as we took turns trying to fix the cabinet. Nearly an hour later we still couldn't get anything to vanish. Draco kicked the cabinet and cursed.

"Why don't we take a break." I suggest taking a seat on the ground. "I think we've tried enough today." Draco sighed today and took a seat next to me. He rubbed his face tiredly with his hands.

"Draco-"

"I'm fine." He snaps.

"Didn't say you weren't" I muttered a little offended he had snapped at me. We sat together in silence, until I felt it was time to break it. "This weekend's the first Hogsmeade trip." I wanted to change the subject to try and improve Draco's mood. It was already half way through October meaning Hogsmeade was open to students.

"Do you have that Opal necklace from Borgin and Burkes?" Draco suddenly asked. I was taken aback by this but answer anyway.

"Yeah, it's in my dormitory-" I said unsure. "why?"

"It's cursed and I plan to give it to Dumbledore."

"That's the worst plan I have ever heard. do you plan just to walk up to him-" I start to say but Draco interrupts me.

"No!" He says, "I've thought it through. I'm going to pass it through a few people before giving it to him so I can't be traced."

"You expect people to just pass around a cursed necklace willingly?"

"No, but they will." he insisted, "After I place the imperious curse on them." He stood up heading to the door to go retrieve the necklace.

"Draco." I said running after him and blocking him from opening the door. "It's too early to try something like this! The cabinet isn't ready!" I try and reason with him, "Even Snape has told us to wait!"

"I don't care about Snape!" He scoffed. "I don't need his help."

"Draco, please listen-"

"Move." he said sternly.

"No."

Draco grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the way of the door. I quickly grabbed his wrist before he could push the door and pulled he towards me. He collided with me knocking me off balance into a stack of books and random items.

"Ouch.." I muttered as I stumbled to get up. I watched as he walked straight to the door. I had barely gotten up when I screamed. A bloodied mangled body was laying before me. I felt tears come to my eyes as familiar ice blue eyes stared up at me dead. "..Draco.." I stumbled back a few steps. His blonde hair was covered in blood.

Then suddenly his body was gone and instead it was Ginny, Fred and George. Their bright hair now looked dim as their dead orbs stared at me. There was a voice behind me but I couldn't hear it. I was too focused on the bodies before me.