~Year 5~ Malfoy Manor

"Jeez she really is getting big isn't she?" Astoria said astonished as she sees Rose for the first time in a while. I had been so busy lately that I never got a chance to show my friends how big she had grown or see much of Rose. I would be leaving Hogwarts soon to head back to Malfoy Manor for the break. Draco still has been avoiding me and hasn't spoken to me. I was hoping he would come to his senses over the break and at least talk to me.

"What have you been feeding her?" Astoria says looking Rose up and down. She was now full dragon size and barely fit in the room anymore. I was honestly surprised no one had found her.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" I say pulling a small box out of my pocket and handing it to Astoria. "Merry Christmas!" I say as she opens the box with a smile. "It's a charm bracelet. I got one for all of us, I even gave one to Harper." She pulls out a small gold bracelet with charms that represent each year at Hogwarts. Her eyes start watering and she gives me a big hug.

"Thank you so much!" She says as we hug. "My present is going to look boring next to this."

"Please it's not that big of a deal." Astoria rolls her eyes playfully. "Well it's probably time we head back. The train will be leaving soon."

We say our goodbyes to Rose and make our way to the common room. We grabbed our bags and made our way to the train station. Me, Astoria, Lucille and Harper were all going home for the holidays. Lucille said she decided to invite Harper to spend the holidays with her last minute, but we all knew she was planning on it. Honestly how neither of them have confessed that they like each other is unknown to me. I decided to say my goodbyes to them before boarding the train as prefects had to help the first and second years with their luggage.

"I'm going to miss you so much." Lucille says giving me a hug goodbye.

"Luc, the breaks are not that long you'll see me again." I say laughing a bit at how dramatic she was being. The sound of the train horn could be heard in the back. It was almost time to leave. I gave a quick hug to Astoria and then a hug to Harper.

"Now you better make a move on her or I'll make one for you." I whisper in his ear as we say goodbye. Harper blushes at me mentioning he has huge crush on Lucille.

"Only if you make one on Malfoy," He says a small smirk appearing under his red cheeks. I can feel my face start to heat up. As we pull apart he laughs at my now red face unaware of the cold grey eyes watching our encounter.

After getting off the train, I found the familiar bleach blonde hair and walked with him to Narcissa, who was waiting for us at the train station. She explained to us that Lucius would not be home for the holiday due to work. I assumed 'work' was Death Eater business but chose to say nothing and just nod my head understanding. Narcissa apparated us back to the Malfoy Manor. Me and Draco both started to head up to our rooms. He gave me a cold look which I returned. We hadn't spoken a word to each other the entire time. Narcissa looked at our interactions and gave a confused look that neither of us bothered to pay attention to.

I headed up to my room and began unpacking my trunk. I was halfway through unpacking my stuff when I heard pecking on the window. I looked up and saw Styx. Styx was my owl that I actually rarely used. I opened the window and took the small envelope from her. I used her to send a letter to Ginny with her Christmas gift earlier. I had heard Ginny and her family plus Harry had left Hogwarts early for the holidays. I opened the envelope and began reading the contents.

Dear Raelyn,

I hope you're having a good holiday. I know that staying with a prick like Malfoy probably isn't fun but you'll be back at Hogwarts in no time! I wanted to say thank you for the gift. I will definitely put it to good use.