Chapter 8

🌊🌊🌊

She didn't know what to do with it, that rage. It still burned and hunted her, still made her want to rip and roar and rend the world into pieces. She felt it all—too keenly, too sharply. Hated and cared and loved and dreaded, more than other people, she sometimes thought.

Feyre barricaded the door and windows shut as she made herself comfortable with the dwarves. They were her only companions in this time of grief and although she wanted to cry, no tears escaped her eyes. As if her heart had already frozen before it had a chance to do so. The healer amongst them had some sort of strange device where she could listen to her baby's heartbeat—it was strong. Her little warrior had survived this hell-on-earth.

The one she lost was a boy; she could tell as she laid his body down to rest amidst the Tontatta tribe in the flower field. The Tontattas were the only ones who offered comfort, they were the ones that helped her dig his tiny grave and place a stone headstone atop it. They were the only ones who truly empathized with her pain.

Dante. Was what she'd written on the stone.

In memory of my most precious art, my miracle, my Dante. She'd carved into the stone. It had taken her twice as long to do so.

Yes, she'd named him Dante. The one who braved through this hell and got out.

Yes, she'd named him after the poet who went through the seven circles of hell and got out.

Maybe her little Dante was escaping her. But she didn't want to think that way as she engaged in little conversation with the Tonttata Dwarves.

She looked down at the blood staining the white bandage around her bare thigh.

Despite their small size, the dwarves possessed great strength, with a single one of them being able to easily topple a building. They were very fast, too, enough for them to disappear in a blink of an eye, making it nearly impossible for a human eye to detect them.

They were also great cultivators stating that they can grow any plant. She believed them, given the abundance of plant life on Green Bit where they resided and the flower petals they left her ever since she embarked on Dressrosa.

However, they told her they had trouble growing one thing: The Smiles, as it was artificial in nature.

Certain dwarves fight with a style known as Tontatta Combat, which utilizes their unique traits and strength of their race to bludgeon bigger opponents.

Just as she sat on her bed, there was a knock on the balcony. The tiny folks quickly hauled open the door for Leo who had left to retrieve something a while back. Feyre was astonished as she watched them run and move the heavy balcony door with ease.

They had power, she couldn't deny it.

"Feyre, this is for you." Leo jumped onto her nightstand, then onto her bed. "This is our princess Mansherry's tears." Leo lifted a small glass vial.

What a strange offering ...

"That's kind of you." she whispered. Unable to strain her voice further.

"I'm sorry, but this is all we could get, Mansherry had healing powers. But she's currently not in the kingdom, that's why there's so little. If you drop these tears on your thigh, the wound would heal immediately."

So their Princess is a Fruit user.

She wordlessly began untying her bandages, and tried no to look at the carved art Diamante had used her thigh as a canvas for. The stitches were sloppy too. There was no way any of this wasn't going to leave a nasty scar. A reminder of the fighter she lost.