The beach

Henry POV

"Thanks doc" I say as I quietly sneak back into graces room. Layla is sleeping on the chair next to her bed and grace is cuddled into Kal as always. I gently stroke graces hair back and coax her out of her sleep.
"Mmmm Henry?" She asks as she opens her tired eyes
"Hey princess" I whisper "I spoke with the Doctor and they said we can get out of here for the day"
"Really?" Her whole face lights up and I can't help but smile.
"Yeah. So where would you like to go?"

She looks over to layla and smiles "I want to go to the beach"
"Okay then. I'll wake up your aunt and we can get ready to go okay"
"Okay"
I walk over to Layla and she looks so peaceful, I gently move her hair from her face and when my hand touches her cheek I see a smile on her sleeping face.
"Layla" I say in a quiet tone.
"Mmmmm" she opens her eyes and smiles widely at me.
"Henry" she runs her hand over her face and sits up. Looking over to grace "morning"

"Morning aunt Layla"
"You okay?"
"Yeah I'm fine"
She looks back to me and looks at me confused "what are you doing here so early?"
"I spoke with the doctor and he agreed we can take Grace out for the day"
"What?" She shakes her head "do you know how much hassle that causes for insurance Henry? I can't...."
I cup her cheeks "hey, don't worry about that. Our girl wants to go to the beach so let's take her"
She smiles "our girl?"

I shrug "yeah. That okay?"
She nods "okay. Let's go to the beach"
Gracie's cheers and I can't help but smile more. I want to give this little girl everything and more.

Layla POV

Grace is so excited, she is beaming. I haven't seen her with this much energy in so long. I'm
Out in the hall speaking the doctors to make sure I have all the dos and donts of being out today when I hear Gracie squealing and giggling, I turn and see Henry with grace on his back and he pretending to fly her through the hospital.
"What are you doing? They bought her a wheelchair"
"Nope. Princess grace will be flying superman airlines today. Only way for a princess to fly"
He runs off with Kal following behind, the doctors laugh "you should definitely hold onto that one"

I smile "thanks Doc"
As I walk outside I see Henry placing grace into his car. Kal climbs in beside her and when he closes the door, he turns to see me.
"You ready queen Layla?"
"Queen?"
"Yes"
He smiles and winks at me and I walk over to the passenger side, he holds the door open and I climb inside. We drive to our house so I can grab everything needed and then we pit stop Henry's so he can get some stuff too. Then we drive to the beach. This day is going to be filled with so many memories and so much love. This is a day that both grace and I desperately need.