Chapter sixteen

With your head resting on your palm and your other hand bouncing a ball against the ground, you huffed in boredom

Chris would've usually started the challenge by now, so what was different?

"Ugh. Loser class again? Pathetic. Men, we must rise from the ashes and ignite the fires of victory!" Alejandro continued his pep talk.

"I'm all for starting fires." Duncan smirked.

"The amazons are only powerful because they have both Courtney and Heather. We need to break them apart. But how?..." Alejandro scratched the back of his head.

You were trying your best to avoid the shameless flirt and his never ending meddling, especially after he tried to make a fool out of you after the voting the previous night.

He made you watch as he dug through your bag, searching for your 'camera'. But he was obviously scrutinising it for any kind of item to use against you. Of course, it was empty. But it's only a matter of time before he searches everyone else's bag. For example, Noah.

Looking to your side and seeing Noah reading his book next to you, you felt an uneasy feeling wash over you.

He likes you, right? So there's no need for him to keep your notebook.

Not so surprisingly, the aircraft shook. Due to your lack of concentration, you threw the bouncy ball a tad bit too hard and watched as it went flying into the overhead bin.

You sighed. Seeing as everyone else was busy, you grudgingly stood up and reached into the small compartment. You felt around for a second, grabbing the ball and almost gagging when you saw a rat.

The animal huddled in the corner, on top of something?

The colour, the texture, the text. It was all so familiar.

You reached in a carefully scooped the item away from the rat, gasping as you realised what it was.

Your notebook!

"What is that you have there, Y/N?" Alejandro said from behind you, causing you to flinch.

"Oh? Here? Uhm... it's uhm..."

"Oh, you found my book? Thanks Y/N." Noah stepped in.

The shameless flirt narrowed his eyes in suspicion, but then shrugged and backed off. You knew he was going to come back, but at least he's going along with it for now.

"Thanks, Noah." You said as you turned to him.

"All competitors please move to the common area to prep for landing!" Chris spoke through the speakers. You sent him one last smile before tucking the back back into your bag, discreetly pushing it under the chairs.

"Courtney, we need to talk." You stood back up and followed Chris's orders, accidentally catching Alejandro's and Courtney's conversation.

"Uhm, whatever Duncan said about me, it isn't true." Courtney replied.