ch59

Yurei was sitting inside the underground cave. It was a vast area. The seals covered all the walls, roof, and ground. He designed this place with Jinchuuriki in mind. They could let loose and use all their powers to their full extent without being worried about damage.

Sometimes, they liked to spar with each other here. But mostly, they used it to meditate. To further their communication with their Biju and to better use their powers. Yurei was here for a similar purpose. Remerging with Naruto meant that there were changes to his body. The damages Naruto took over the years were now added to his own injuries. Of course, there was the fox tail.

That thing had a mind of its own. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't help reacting to his emotions. He could still keep a perfect poker face, but his tail would betray his emotions. When he was happy, it would wag around uncontrollably like an excited puppy.

When he was thinking, it would move around lazily. When angry, it would stand on end. How he came to experience all these emotions in such a short time, he wasn't sure. And that thing was so sensitive. The smallest touches would send a weird sensation all over his body.

It was just impossible to control that thing. His summons also laughed their asses off when he asked them about the matter. So here he was now. Trying to meditate and train to get used to his new body. Han was going to join him later for a spar. He was always happy to spar with the man.

The giant man was very skilled, and his demeanor made him easy to get along with. He was even training a team in Uzushio. They still didn't have a solid academy-like structure. There weren't nearly any children. But they had quite a few people willing to teach.

Especially the jinchuuriki, who were always isolated before. They took those of suitable age who were willing to learn under their wings and trained them. Their first genin team even went on a few missions outside their border.

When those who were more well known wanted to leave the village, they used specific henge seals developed that even the sharingan couldn't disperse. They could detect the presence of it but not dispel it.

So nobody was really bound to the village. Of course, they kept a strict watch on who came and went, but they were free to do so.

Yurei only needed a little more time, and then his plan would be set into motion.

Yurei was in a clearing. It's been six months. He finally hit his growth spurt, which meant he wasn't the size of a baby anymore. He was wearing an entirely black costume, not unlike the ones ninjas wore. He was wearing a blank black mask. There were slits in place of his eyes but otherwise no features. He looks like a shadow if someone just caught a glimpse of him.

He waited. The Konoha team came directly toward him. he was obviously waiting on their path after all. It was an ANBU team led by Shisui. They looked at all the professional parts of the ANBU. The clearing was surrounded by rocky cliffs, so there was no avoiding confrontation.

They spent a few seconds assessing each other. "Move aside. We want to pass through." Shisui said in a cold tone. It was strange to hear the cold tone from him. The man was always cheerful.

"I'm afraid I can't do that. While I have no intention of killing any of you, I can't let you go without a fight." Yurei said. He was using a seal in his mask to change his voice. Much similar to the ANBU.

There was no room for idle talking. Shisui brought a hand behind his back. No doubt, he is trying to discretely give his team the orders. Then they attacked. It was a quick clash of weapons. Yurei used a simple black Katana. He was holding it with both hands to better handle the force of attacks.