ch49

This was not how Naruto imagined his weekend. To be honest, he didn't really imagine his weekends since it was just another day for him, but on Saturday morning, Naruto woke up to his father throwing him over his shoulder.

Naruto tried to ask what was happening, but his father just told him he would know once they got there. Naruto trusted his father, so he just accepted his fate. His father went to Kakashi's apartment next and grabbed the jonin, then Hiraishined them all.

Naruto didn't expect to find himself in a hot spring in his sleeping Yukata, but here he was. His father talked to the front desk worker, and they were let in. Minato then announced that they were in a hot spring in a village near Taki known for its healing abilities.

Jiraiya was the one who found the location for them and was waiting for them in the hot spring. They all knew it wouldn't help Naruto, but it was a way to spend time together. So they all went into the changing room.

They got rid of their clothing and, after a quick wash, joined Jiraiya in the spring. Naruto basked in the smell of minerals and feeling of his muscles relaxing in the hot water. "So gaki. Heard you got yourself into a situation." Jiraiya said, moving to sit a bit closer to Naruto.

"Yes, Jiraiya-sama. I'm afraid it was all my fault for rushing into an unknown situation. Now my friends are paying the price." Naruto lowered his gaze. He couldn't look Jiraiya in the eyes. Every day that passed, his friends had to struggle with the consequences of his actions.

He wasn't worried about himself, but he couldn't let Itachi or Shisui take permanent damage because of him. It was always his duty to stop Zetsu, but he dragged Shisui and Itachi along, naively believing that together they could be invincible.

Naruto suddenly felt a giant hand on his shoulder and looked up to see Jiraiya looking at him with a soft expression. "Hey. I might not have known you for long or spent much time with you but based on everything I've seen from others, I know what you say is not true."

"You are a good kid, and it's clear as a day from how everyone talks about you. You're just a child, yet you've managed to change so many things for the better. You made changes to the foundation of this village and managed to bring back Tsunade."

"She's told me about how much happier she is knowing that the legacy of his family is finally being held the way it was meant to be. She became a healer just like many other Senju because she always wanted to preserve life instead of taking it."

"Now, with all the changes made to the hospital and the academy, she can train the next generation so that there would be fewer pointless death in the field. For the first time in years, I can see a small flame in her soul."

"I can also say the same about Orochimaru. Like Tsunade, he felt lost. I could see how he was getting deeper into the shadows, but now, he seemed free. I haven't seen my teammates like this for years, and it's not just them."

"From what Minato told me, all clan leaders are taking more active roles in the council meetings, and they are all trying to make this village a better place. Don't even get me started with all the work you've been doing on the side. Helping the orphanage and families who were victims of the Kyubi attack. Helping retired Shinobi in finding new jobs and roles."

"You've changed so much in a minimal time, and you never take credit for any of it. Outside the council and those you helped directly, nobody knows about your achievements. My point is that you are not the type of person who would put his friends in danger if he knows there is a possibility."

"I've seen the report, and based on what I've read, I can say that it was not your fault. None of you could have predicted this situation. While knowing this will not change the outcome, I can tell you for certain that we will find a solution."