ch32

This wasn't a fight Naruto could treat lightly. Zabuza was one of the seven swordsmen of the mist. His skills were well-earned. While he went light in them in the first timeline, it didn't mean he was weak.

Plus, at this timeline, he is an active frontliner for the rebels, so his skills were sharp. Naruto spent a lot of time training in kenjutsu, but he wasn't arrogant enough to believe he could beat Zabuza in a kenjutsu match.

Naruto released the gravity and resistant seals. He wasn't going to hold back. While he wasn't going to use his trump cards or fuinjutsu, he still had a lot of moves to use. He was trying to dodge Zabuza's attack and use his spear to keep him away.

Zabuza was taller and more robust than him, and years of training meant he could match his speed. Naruto redirected a blow to his side and jumped back, holding the spear in one hand and quickly making hand signs with the other.

A few water bullets shot toward Zabuza, who easily dodged them as he ran to Naruto. Zabuza raised his sword for a blow, but Naruto Shunshined behind him to make some distance.

Naruto used a water torrent to keep Zabuza back. Zabuza used the hidden mist jutsu and covered the clearing. Naruto felt him making his clones. He wasn't able to use his chakra sensing, but he could still use his other senses.

Naruto used this to his advantage and made a few clones to hide. He then used the first trick of his spear. He sent a pulse of chakra to the correct seal, and suddenly the spear separated into two. With another quick pulse and a shake, the metal coverings came off, showing two hidden blades.

Naruto needed a sharp object to dispel the water clones, and his swords were perfect for this. He closed his eyes since he couldn't see in the mist and waited for an attack. Soon he felt Zabuza behind him. Naruto used the blade in his right hand to stab the clone in the gut dispelling it.

Zabuza was talking, but Naruto wasn't listening. He knew the talk was to distract him. the noise would block his hearing, making him unable to detect the attacks coming for him. so he focused on the sounds around him.

He knew he could quickly get rid of the mist with a wind jutsu, but this was a test for him to showcase his skills. It wasn't a fight to finish quickly. Naruto dodged an attack from the clone in front of him. Jumping in the air and kicking the clone in the shoulder. Using the momentum to throw himself into the air and using senbon to dispel the clone who was coming from behind. The fight was getting exciting. The real Zabuza decided to join his clones, and Naruto was dodging and attacking the clones as well as the real one. Zabuza was strong, and once he was sure Naruto could handle it, he took it up a notch.

Naruto used a great breakthrough to dispel the mist. When the mist was dispelled, Zabuza saw three Naruto clones finishing the last of his water clones and dispelling. Now it was only the two of them.

"Great going, gaki. Now it's time for some ninjutsu." He said as he finished the signs for a water dragon. Naruto used the divine wind to create a giant tornado to counter the dragon. The dragon hit the tornado, and splashes of water spread everywhere.

Zabuza kept sending water jutsu to Naruto, and Naruto was countering them just as hard. Two of Naruto's clones, who had been hiding until now, attacked Zabuza—giving Naruto time to get close to the fight.

Zabuza finished the clones and countered Naruto just in time. Naruto was once again holding a spear. They engaged in a combination of kenjutsu and taijutsu. They were both winded.

Naruto had a few bruises from defending against Zabuza's taijutsu. He was also bleeding from a shallow cut on his shoulder. Zabuza had a few minor cuts on his arms and legs. They were both panting and tired.