ch41

Naruto finally saw Shisui on one of his border patrols. His team, along with Kakashi's, were on guard duty in an outpost near the Suna border. The chunin on duty reported some suspicious activity, but since there weren't any attacks yet, they only sent two ANBU teams for investigation. There were some rumors of Sasori being active in the area in the past, so they couldn't risk sending lower-ranking shinobi.

Naruto decided to join them in the investigation. His sensory abilities, along with Kakashi's tracking skills, could ensure there wouldn't be any surprises. Currently, they were heading back to the outpost for the night.

They found a few tracks, but they were all going in circles which led them nowhere. They couldn't risk camping outside with Sasori being a puppet master and an expert with poisons. When they reached the base, Naruto decided to go around and place some seals to upgrade their alerts and defenses.

Shisui saw it as an excellent time to join him. "So I got the good news," Shisui said with a playful smile.

"We both know you are not the type to be subtle. You can ask me anything. You know that right?" Naruto asked as he worked on putting chakra identification seals on the entrance.

"Hey, I take offense to that. I can be completely subtle when I need to." Shisui said with an offended huff. "But you are right. So the returned Yondaime is your father?" Shisui asked hesitantly.

"Yeah. It was bizarre at first. I'm not sure about how to act or what to do. I was raised by Danzo-sama, but I was only ever treated as a shinobi. I don't know how I should act or what I should do." Naruto said. It was a dilemma he didn't like to think about. He was trying to avoid his father by keeping himself busy with back-to-back missions.

The night before this mission, when he was at the party, he noticed how his father always kept an eye on him. he would try to engage Naruto in conversations or even ask other clan heads about him. Of course, since others knew the situation, they did their best to tell him everything they could.

They could only imagine how it felt like to lose a decade of your child's life. By the end of the night, Minato was only more depressed to know how much he had missed. Naruto could understand. His father woke up from a coma to learn he lost his wife and a decade of life.

It would take some time for him to grieve and come to terms. That was why Naruto avoided him. Naruto didn't want to be a constant reminder of what he lost. In his first life, he was a reminder to every one of their loss.

The villager hated him. he was abounded and alone. He didn't want to be the same as his father. He didn't want to lose him. he didn't want to get abounded by him. so he was trying to avoid him.

"Hey, Naruto. will you look at me?" Shisui said as he gently turned Naruto around to face him. Naruto struggled to keep his emotions in check.

"Hey. You are one of the best people I know, and I am proud to call you a brother. You are selfless and caring and always do your best to help everyone around you. It is ok to be confused or worried. But all you have to do is to be yourself."

"You don't have to pretend or do anything extra just be honest. I promise you everything will be fine." Shisui said as he held both of Naruto's shoulders firmly.

"But that's not that Shisui. You know how I can feel negative emotions. Every time I see him, I can feel it. He feels so sad and depressed. It's suffocating. I tried to search his chakra, but I was not there. It is still there but a lot less."

"I don't want to make him feel those emotions. I remind him of everything he lost. Maybe it would be better if I stayed away so he could start over. I can't be the son he lost. I can't be the son he wants. I can't be selfish. If I'm gone, he can find a new family." Naruto said, finally letting his emotions take control and tears fall.