ch45

It was the morning, and they were standing in the bodyguard stand. After eating a quick breakfast, it was time for the negotiations. It turned out that the last member from Kumo was Mabui. Both Kage were sitting on either side of the table.

Shikaku and Darui were standing behind their Kage, occasionally whispering into their ears. Others were further back in the stand. Naruto kept stealing glances at B. Naruto knew as a bodyguard, he had an image to protect.

He had to come as calm, collected, and fearless. He couldn't risk his intentions coming out wrong. Naruto tried reaching out to him with his chakra, but B was on defense in his position as a bodyguard and also with an Uchiha in their team who could put them under genjutsu if caught off guard.

Naruto still tried his best to keep at it and but there were no results. Finally, there was a lunch break. Minato and Shikaku looked exhausted. From the looks of it, they would be at it for a few more days. Naruto didn't really care about the details.

He kept an ear out in case there was anything of importance to Danzo, but so far, they were still at basic terms. Naruto gave them both some energy pills made as a collaboration between Tsunade and Orochimaru.

It was supposed to act similar to caffeine but with longer-lasting effects. It was first made for shinobi on sensitive missions or emergencies when they needed to stay awake. After some initial trial and error, they reached the current prototype.

It was still not to their standard, but it helped with drowsiness for 6 hours. They wanted to get it to 8 or hopefully 12 before mass production. Naruto grabbed some of the pills just for such occasions. There was also not enough research on side effects, but it was suitable for short-term use.

The lunch break came to an end, and they all went back to their positions. The rest of the day went just as uneventful. There were a few heated moments from the Raikage, but it never went into any action with mediation from Mifune and others.

Finally, it was time for them to return to their quarters for the day. Shisui and Kakashi decided to go to sleep early since there wasn't anything for them to do. Naruto was on the first shift. He provided Shikaku and Minato with tea and snacks as they went through documents and strategies for the day.

Naruto was still trying to get the attention of B, but the Jinchuuriki was stubborn. Naruto checked on the security seals a few more times and then decided to work on his seals. He was trying to make a chakra recognition seal.

It was similar to a barrier but more complicated. It would allow authorized access to designated areas but, at the same time, keep a record of entry and exit from the site. Naruto was trying to implement it as a system for authorized records rooms.

He was hoping to add it to the village barrier in the future to monitor all shinobi entry and exit from the village, but for now, his goal was small. The problem came from having a physical record. It was hard to have the seal write something.

A seal is not sentient, so in order to have a seal write something, the first thing was to make a concept of the alphabet you wanted to use. For Naruto's case, it would be a variation of times and dates then Naruto had to actually connect all of these to the actual concept of time.

So that the concept of time is the same for seal and the real world, then he had to make formulas for turnings, such as turnings every 60 minutes to 1 hour and zero minutes. Days of the week, month, and every other detail.

Then, of course, there was the part of programming all the symbols for date and time so the seal could write them and, lastly, the actual writing. Naruto still had so much to do that he didn't even want to think about the writing part.