ch56

Everything was going according to plan. There was a standard protocol between the shinobi. When in a foreign land on a mission, they would try to spend as little time there as possible. So that was what exactly Naruto did.

He took the mission with Itachi and Shisui. They reached Suna in the morning and immediately headed back toward fire country. At their speed, they would pass the border at night. The mission was a simple scroll exchange. Naruto gave them the storage scroll with all the seals, and after a count and an inspection, they were on their way.

They were traveling lightly. Sealing their personal stuff so they could go at faster speeds. His guess was correct. Before reaching the border and with enough space not to get accidentally discovered by patrols, they got attacked.

Naruto only felt it a split second before but pushed Shisui and Itachi away as vines sprung from the ground. Naruto barely dodged away, but his arm got a shallow wound. He immediately got battle ready and unsealed a sword and a dagger.

He was going to fight with the sword and use the dagger for defense. They heard a deep voice growling. "YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THIS TIME UZUMAKI."

Naruto expected Obito to bring back up, but Zetsu was not the one he expected. Naruto needed to lose but survive. He knew what he was doing, and Kurama was up to it. Itachi and Shisui were busy holding back Zetsu. They were using their weapons and small katons to hold off the vines.

Obito had a sword this time, and Naruto started fighting him. It was evident that Obito was trying to keep him close so he couldn't use ninjutsu and his sword to his advantage. Just like what Naruto wanted him to believe, he thought that he could only use that attack in ranged fights.

They clashed swords, and Naruto kept on defense. He was going a bit slow to play the part of exhaustion from lengthy travel. Naruto acted like he was trying to create distance, but he was failing. Suddenly a vine sprung from the ground right where Naruto was standing a moment ago.

Naruto jumped back and got closer to where Shisui and Itachi were fighting. Obito was nowhere to be found. Naruto tried sensing his chakra but couldn't find him. He must be entirely in the Kamui dimension.

Naruto went on to help others. Itachi and Shisui were fighting next to each other. Covering each other's backs. Naruto charged toward Zetsu's body. He knew Black Zetsu could not be killed yet, but White Zaetsu was different. There were replacements, but unless he brought them here, which Naruto couldn't feel, he had to go back to get another one.

Naruto slashed his arm, cutting it off, but the white Zetsu used his ability and regenerated almost immediately. He kept at it, using different jutsu and moves to destroy it, but it was hard. Suddenly he felt it.

Obito was emerging right behind Itachi and Shisui. Naruto used all his speed and threw them out of the way just as a sword pierced his chest. He coughed blood. Only standing upright due to the sword holding him.

Naruto heard his friends scream. "Pathetic. And to think that I wanted to consider you a worthy opponent. This is our goodbye Uzumaki Naruto. May this be a lesson to anyone who dares to oppose me," he said with his deep voice before leaving with Zetsu in a Kamui.

It all went according to his plan. As soon as Obito was gone, Shisui and Itachi were next to him, blood dripping down their eyes. They unlocked the mangekyou sharingan. Naruto immediately got to work. He was expecting this attack. Naruto started using a combination of powers given to him by the sage and Kurama to lessen the bleeding.

"I'm ok, guys. I know you will rightfully be mad at me, but I expected this attack to happen, so Tsunade-sama helped me prepare. She moved my vital organs away. So the blade didn't pierce my heart. There is still damage, but I should be fine in a day. We need a safe place to rest. I will explain everything." Naruto said.