ch38

They stopped their game and looked at Naruto to continue. "The village is going to be under attack soon. I can feel forces quickly approaching. The patrol of sections 17 to 20 are all dead, and that is where they are coming from. I estimate a force of 736 shinobi approaching, and they are skilled."

"Shikamaru, I am going to summon two of my fastest summons to take you two to the village. Report what I just said to him. Hinata I will send you to Fugaku-sama. He would assemble the police force. They will reach the village in approximately 35 minutes at their current speed."

"They are spreading to sections 14 to 26. I will hold them back as long as possible. But you guys have to be quick. I will fire the emergency signals so there will be chaos when you reach the village. Be sure to relay the complete information. There is no time. I will head to section 16, where the biggest chakra group is to disperse their forces." Naruto said as he summoned two foxes.

He could see that they wanted to argue, but they knew better. They mounted the foxes, who took off at full speed. Naruto unsealed the signals and fired them into the air. He quickly unsealed his equipment and got ready for the confrontation.

He didn't know who they were or where they came from, but he wasn't about to risk his village. He had to preserve chakra for the unknown fights. He made a clone to head to ROOT and assemble the forces. He took a deep breath and headed towards a point where he knew he could intercept them.

He stood in the clearing with Kurama fully ready in his mindscape for assistance. The most potent force was heading right toward him. He waited for them to enter the clearing, and that's when he saw their headbands.

The Yugakure. Their village was disbanded a while ago, and no one knew what happened to their whole forces until now. It was as if their entire shinobi population vanished overnight. Naruto had his answer. "Look what we have here. A little boy is trying to play the hero." A man with a scythe said.

Now that Naruto paid attention, all 47 men in the clearing had scythes and similar chakra. Naruto quickly checked the other forces, but it seemed only these ones were the Jashinist. Naruto quickly activated a barrier around them via a clone standing right outside of it. No one could get in or out without the permission of the clone. There was also another clone to protect the one holding the barrier.

"Oh, look. The baby has a few tricks. I hope you are ready to meet our lord Jashin." Said Hidan. Naruto didn't think he would see him, but he was glad for the opportunity to end him.

"I am an Uzumaki. The only god we worship is the Shinigami." Naruto said as he took his battle stance. With a battle cry, he charged.

Naruto was getting tired. Although he released his seals before the fight to use his maximum power and speed, the Jashinists weren't slackers. In fact, agility was what they specialized at. All they needed was a drop of their enemy's blood. They didn't need power for that.

They needed speed to make that injury and perform their ritual before someone could interrupt them. During the war, they came to an abandoned Jashinist temple. They learned quite a bit about them. Hidan wasn't the most dangerous one.

Hidan was arrogant, so he only wanted to use one technique, but the fact was they had so many more techniques. Naruto couldn't afford to make a single mistake. Most of their techniques involved blood. They could use it as a weapon.

They could control blood outside the body. So whether it was Naruto who bled or them, they could control and maneuver it in order to attack. Then there were techniques for drawing the blood. Their scythes were chakra conductive, and they could use chakra to increase the cutting power in a way that even if the enemy wasn't hit by the chakra but they were close enough, it would draw blood.