Recovery

Ship: Charlie x Nick (hinted on Nick's side)
Type: Fluff + minor angst
AU: Vampire

⚠️Trigger Warnings: Mentions of abuse and minor/hinted talk of character deaths.⚠️
Part 2 of Victum
~*~*~*~*~*~

When Nick woke from his slumber, he found himself leaned up against a tree with a cloak wrapped around him. The blonde sat up and felt his hole body ache as he found his arms and legs stiffened a bit. He grabbed the cloak and pulled it off of him, noticing his cut hand had been bandaged.

'Strange..' Nick thought.

He tried to stand up by found his legs were like noodles and stumbled forward as he was caught. He looked over and saw it was the vampire who had gotten the blonde away from Ben.

"Be careful. You're still recovering." The vampire spoke in a monotone voice. The vampire then took the blonde over to the small fire —that Nick just realized— and helped seated the blonde. "You sleep well?"

"Uh, yeah.." Nick answered awkwardly as he looked away but at the vampire. "What...What happened, exactly?"

"A group of blood thirsty vampires attacked you and your friends, you got injured and passed out as I carried you away." The vampire bluntly explained as he grabbed an apple from his pocket and tossed at Nick. The blonde caught the fruit with ease as he inspected it, not really trusting the food or vampire. Nick hesitantly looked at the vampire. "It's not poisoned or anything. Eat it."

"You said my friends and I were attacked by blood thirsty vampires," Nick glared at the vampire who nodded his head. "How do I know you aren't a part of Ben's group?" Nick squeezed the apple in his hand, feeling his body tense as his instinct to run rises.

"Because if I were, then you wouldn't be alive." The vampire gave Nick a cold stare. "Now, would you?"

"I suppose not..." Nick mumbled as he stared at the apple, hearing the vampire groan.

"You gonna eat it or plan to have a staring contest with it?" The vampire snarled. The blonde flinched slightly as he hesitantly took a bite of the apple, slowly relaxing as the sweetness of the fruit coated his mouth.

"So," Nick swallowed. "What's your name?"

"You don't remember?" The vampire cocked an eyebrow as the blonde shook his head. "Makes sense, you weren't really conscious enough to remember much. My name is Charlie."

"Nice to meet you." Nick nodded his head slightly, still not sure how to feel about the vampire. "Where are we exactly?"

"On the outskirts of my home."

"Do you know if my friends are alive?" Nick asked worriedly.

"I assure you, your friends are alright. They have been taken to one of my friends cottages and are being treated as we speak." Charlie calmly spoke, noticing the blonde's tense body and worried look in his eyes.

The two fell into silence, the only noises being the soft breeze running through the trees and the dance of fire cackling. Nick looked down at the apple that had two bites. He groaned as placed it besides him as he moves one of his hands towards the fire.

Charlie watched as the blonde's hand hovered over the fire, noticing how the blonde wasn't flinching by its heat. Nick moved his other hand over the fire, moving them slowly towards the fire.

"What are you doing?" Nick quickly retreated his hands as he stared at the vampire. "Why are you putting your hands close to the fire? Trying to get them burn or something?"

"Nah, I just like the feeling of how close the fire is to my hands." Nick honestly answered. "Something I did a lot as a kid."

"How come?"