Date

Ships: Nick x Chalrie, Tara x Darcy, & Tao x Elle
Type: Fluff + minor angst

⚠️Trigger Warnings: Useage of slurs, a bit of homophobia, & hints of R@pe.⚠️
~*~*~*~*~*~

The sky was a lovely, light blue that the sun wore gracefully. Clouds are as white as snow and fluffy as a marshmallow. The tree branches were waving, with what little leaves clinging being carried away by the windy weather. The sun was bright like a light, its glow seeking out everything in its area. Charlie was standing outside his house, nuzzling his face into Nick's scarf. He heard a dig and pulled out his phone. Nick had texted saying that he was running late and would be coming in three to four minutes. Charlie sighed a relief, replying to the blonde bloke that everything was good. Charlie tucked his phone back into his pocket.

Pulling his coat closer to his body, Charlie felt the wind sneak its fingers through his body. He shivered and pulled the item of clothing closer and nuzzled further into the comfort of Nick's scarf. Winter had slowly started to steal the show like an actor on stage. Despite Charlie normally not having a problem with any certain cold, today felt different. Charlie ran a hand through his hair as he closed his eyes and titled his head upwards. Charlie allowed himself to get accustomed, feel nature around him. He heard leaves rustling, people walking up and down the sidewalk. He heard the wind whistling as he listened to his breathing. He heard a few cars speeding as if it was a race.

Charlie was taken out of his state by an elbow hitting him in the arm. His eyes snapped open and looked over to see the person who had appeared. Nick Nelson. The blonde rugby bloke smiled down at Charlie. He was wearing a black beanie that was hiding his blonde locks. He was wearing a green coat with a white shirt underneath along with brown pants and the kicks he always wore. Charlie felt his eyes light up with such adoration as he looked at Nick. Charlie felt his cheeks heat up like a fireplace.

The bloke next to him chuckled as Charlie's face flushed even more. Nick pulled Charlie closer to him, the shorter bloke enjoying the heat radiating off of Nick. The two shared a brief, but sweet kiss before walking down to a little cafe that Tara and Elle had found. They originally wanted a double date with their partners, but decided to include Nick and Charlie since it was new and how long it had been since they all were together.

__________

After walking for a good thirty minutes, the two blokes saw their friends waiting outside the cafe for them. The two quickly sped walk up to their friends and excused themselves. Everyone was very understanding. Darcy, not wanting to waste anymore time, eventually dragged everyone inside. They all looked around the cozy place as Darcy was talking to a worker. Charlie intertwined his hand with Nick's. He didn't do well in new environments, nor did he feel comfortable eating in front of others. Nick ran his thumb across Charlie's knuckles, reassuring the bloke that he is alright. Nick gently pulled Charlie's hand to his mouth and placed a feathery kiss. Charlie bit the bottom of his lip as he blushed. Nick gave a gentle smile as his cheeks were tinted with red.

The waiter led them to a little booth area and placed down menus for each of them. Once they got settled in, the waiter excused themselves and told the group they'll be back in a few. Everyone picked up their menus and started to look through such food. Darcy and Tao stated that they wanted all the desserts that were present on the menu. The group laughed before Elle told the two of them that they couldn't, nor was it healthy to consume that much sugar. The two sighed and defeated, then went back to looking at the appetizers.

After everyone figured out what they wanted, the waiter came back and took their orders. Charlie didn't get anything except for a glass of water. Nick frowned when the shorter bloke spoke of getting only water. He brushed his hand against Charlie's under the table. Charlie gently pushed Nick's hand away. Nick glanced over at his boyfriend and saw how tense he was, staring at his lap lost in a void.