Charlie's New Addiction

Ship: Nick x Charlie (hinted on Charlie's side)
Type: Fluff with a pinch of angst
AU: Guardian Angel

⚠️Warning: Mentions of bullying.⚠️

Enjoy!!^^
~*~*~*~*~*~

It has been a few months now, but Charlie still felt werid that someone from the Heavens had come down to protect his; an inconvenience who tends to have bad luck.

Regardless, having Nick around more was pleasant, yet felt a bit awkward. Sure the two would talk from time to time, but it was mostly Nick asking Charlie if anyone else had been harassing him. Needless to say, the two were still trying to figure things out.

It didn't help that Nick —who was a Guardian Angel— didn't know much about humans nowadays. He only remembered those from the past, which makes Charlie wonder how and why Nick didn't understand much. He would probably have to ask him those types of questions when he felt comfortable, along with having build more confidence towards the Angel.

Nick was constantly around Charlie, acting like a golden retriever. It was cute, but would get quite suffocating from time to time. Charlie questions how long Nick would stick around for, but then again, he didn't want to think about loosing the blonde bloke. He was starting to like the Angel.

__________

Charlie was awoken by his phone ringing. Groggily, the tired bloke answered, not bothering to see who the caller was.

"What do you want?" Charlie asked with a harsh tone.

"Well, good morning to you too."

"T-Tao!" Charlie quickly sat up. "I am so sorry! I thought you were some rando calling and I just woke up and—!"

Tao started to laugh on the other end, making Charlie feel embarrassed.

"Relax dude, I'm only calling to see if you're still coming." Tao explained. Charlie was confused.

"What do you—?"

"I'm talking about if you're still coming to my house to catch up. Been awhile, afterall." Tao explained. Charlie suddenly gasped and rushed out of bed, going to his closet to look for a shirt.

"I'm assuming you forgot, since I can literally hear you frantic on the other side." Tao chuckled.

Charlie tripped over himself and crashed on to the floor, his phone falling a few inches away from him. The fallen bloke let out a low groan of pain.

"Uhm—seems like you're busy. I'ma let you be, but take your time. It's not the end of the world. Byeee!" Tao quickly spat out before hanging up.

Charlie grabbed his phone as he sat up. He checked the time before letting out another groan, followed by a heavy sigh. Charlie had a lot on his mind to the point he forgot about his friends. He felt awful.

After getting himself situated and ready to go, Charlie quickly finished tying his shoes before leaving his house. He already told his parents ahead of time, so he didn't have to worry about saying goodbye to them.

As he walked to Tao's house, his mind was once again preoccupied with the Angel. It felt like he was being haunted by a ghost. A shiver ran down his spine, but not in a bad way, like he assumed. Ever since he found the blonde bloke, he couldn't think about anything else other than him. Nick was intoxicating, and has become Charlie's new obsession.