Bowling Fiasco (1/2)

Ships: Charlie x Nick, Darcy x Tara, & Tao x Elle
Type: Fluff to angst

Enjoy!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
{Nick's POV}

It was finally the day, the day the gang went bowling. It still amazes me how all of us went from being isolated to having someone, it was nice. Everyone was very excited, mostly Tao and Darcy. I think it's because of how competitive they were, but I'm not 100% sure. We were escorted to our lane-after we payed of course- and Isaac had graciously added our nicknames.

I felt my face heat up a little when I saw my nickname; 'Charlie's Man'. I looked over my shoulder to see Charlie's face glowing, I let out a soft chuckle that had caught his attention. When he looked at, I smiled softly at the tomato bloke. His face reddened as he interlocked his pinky finger with mine, causing my cheeks to heat up.

"Bloody hell man! Did you really have to pu my name as 'Bad Hair'?" Tao asked, to which Isaac just shrugged as he sat down. Tao sat down, putting his head into his head with Elle rubbing his back in an attempt to comfort the bloke. Tao looked over at Elle before leaning into her, I felt my lips curl down a bit from my smile.

"Oh-COME ON! Fall down you bloody pin!" I looked over to see Darcy on her knees, staring at the one remaining bowling pin dancing. It slowly stopped and had stayed up. Darcy hangs her head low as Tara patted Darcy on the head.

"You'll get 'em next time, hun."

"I really wanted a strike on my first go." Darcy whinned as she was back on her feet with Tara's help. Darcy gloomy sat back down as Tara was next in line to bowl. It took me a sec to realize that I was the only person who still standing. I took my place in between Charlie and Elle, ignoring the fact that it took me a few minutes to sit down. I watched as Tara was only able to knock down six pins, which made me look up at the board.

After Tara was Tao, Isaac, Elle, me, and finally Charlie. I never noticed how big this group had become. Sure I've been around the rubgy team and it has a lot of players, but why does it feel different when it comes to this group? I felt someone staring at me and turned my head slightly to see it was Tao. I quickly looked away, realizing why I still felt like the odd one out. I could feel my hands start to shake a little and sweat. I started to fiddly with my fingers a tad bit as my leg started to bounce slowly.

"Hey, you ok?" I turned my attention toward the person who asked. Charlie.

"Y-Yeah!"

"You sure? You're fiddling with your fingers," Charlie pointed at hands, and I immediately stopped.

"You're leg is also bouncing." I didn't try to calm it down, only letting out a sigh. He placed a comforting hand on my shoulder before I one of mine on tops of his.

"Is something bothering you?" I could see the concern in his eyes. I didn't wanna mention his friend, Tao, since it was supposed to be a anti-negative day today. I'm probably gonna try and talk to Tao when I get the chance to.

"It's nothing, I promise." I gave Charlie a small peck on his head. He didn't seem satisfied with my answer, but decided to not push it.

"Alright Charlie's Man," I turned my head to Elle, confused.

"It's your turn to bowl!" She spoke. I made an 'O' shape then headed to grab my bowling ball. I put my fingers into the three holes and stood in front of the lane. I took a deep breath in, then out gazing at the pins that stayed put. I quickly got a good momentum and let go of the ball. I watched as it hit 9 pins.

"Damn it!" I heard everyone behind letting out a 'Oh' sound for a really long time. I grabbed the ball again after if had been transported back. I did the same thing and the ball curved!

"Ha! It curved on ya!" I heard Darcy behind me shout follwed by a small laugh. I scratched the back of my neck as I took my seat besides Charlie once more.

"You almost got them all!" Elle spoke.

" Almost." I grunted out as I got comfortable. I watched Charlie hesitate to grab the ball. He looked back at me and I gave him a thumps up. He smiled warmly at me before picking up his ball.
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* {Charlies POV}

Nick gave me a thumbs up, follwed by a smile. I smiled back at him, when I turned to look at the pins I felt my cheeks heat up a little bit. I shook it off to focus on my target ahead of me. I took a deep breath in and took a jab at it. I closed my eyes, waiting to be humiliated by not hitting any of the pins. However, I was met with mix emotions. People were cheering, some were saying 'how', and a fee 'no ways'. I felt a pair of strong arms pick me and start twirling, which cause my eyes to widen.

"Babe-you got a strike!!"

"I-I did?" I stuttered out. I looked over to see that all the pins were knocked down. I felt my feet touch the ground and a small peck on my cheek.

"How did you manage to get them all knocked down, but I couldn't?" Darcy questioned, speaking in an awful southern accent. I chuckled along Tara and Elle as Darcy kept speaking in the accent. Tao was just confused and Isaac was chilling with Nick, both not really understanding why we were laughing. Nonetheless, they were both smiling.

~Timeskip~

We decided to stop bowling and get something to eat. Everyone was chowing down on their food, as I just stole a few of Nick's fries and take a sip of water every few minutes. Darcy was telling jokes about how she was wanted to come first, but only came third with Isaac coming in second and finally me in first. Which was very surprising, since I kinda didn't have the best luck.

"I'm still shocked that Charlie won," Tao brought up.

"I'm proud of you and all, but how did you win mate?"

"Must've been his lucky charm." Isaac commented, taking a sip of his drink as he looked toward Nick. I felt my cheeks heat up as I caught a glimps of Nick's face turning a light shade of red. The group laughed at Nick and Charlie's face, before hearing another group mocking them.

"Can you guys be anymore annoying?" That voice sent shivers up Charlie's spin. It couldn't be-

"Ben..?" Charlie muttered quietly. Ben smiled as Nick quickly pulled Charlie close.

"What the hell do you want?" Tao asked in a spiteful tone.

"We're just trying to eat in peace before bowling, dumbass." Harry retorted back, a grin being painted across his face.

I couldn't stop looking at Ben, feeling his gaze paralyzing me. I felt my whole body tense, remembering all the pain and heartache he caused. Nick must've noticed my tense expression and nodded his head in a direction, indicating if I wanted to leave. I looked over at my friends to see them arguing with Ben, Harry and their friends. I nodded my head as I buried myself into Nick.