My Angel

Ship: Charlie x Nick (hinted on Charlie's side)
Type: Fluff with a little angst
AU: Angel Guardian
⚠️Warning: Bullying & panic attacks.⚠️

~*~*~*~*~*~
Dear Diary,

I swear someone is out there, protecting me for this cruel world. I'm not sure what, but I know they're looking out for me. How do I know this? Well, it all started when. . .

I was outside late one night. I decided to go on a mini night walk. Alone.

It wasn't the first time I've done something like this, but it still makes me quake a little. I tried to have Tao, Elle, or anyone come out with me.

Alas, they were all busy with either family drama or schoolwork. My mother has told me time and time again to not walk alone, but I can't help myself. These past few months, everything has just felt extremely. . .off.

I remember the first time I noticed a change of patterns. Whenever I was at school, I was bullied. Ben had lied and betrayed me. He only used me, and people found out I was gay. I was in the boys locker room when I first noticed. The room where it happened.

My body was scuffed, covered in blood and bruises that would take weeks to heal. One of the blokes' eyes were filled with bloodlust. The other one wore an amused look, as the other raised his fist. I flinched as I waited for the impact, but nothing came. That's when I saw him.

I never saw this bloke up until now. I had no recollections of ever seeing him around our school, but he was in front of me holding the fist of the blood thirsty bully.

He was very tall, with his hair being a light, strawberry blonde. He was quite muscular, with his clothes being quite snug. However, he had a bit of chub to him.

He pushed the bloke back with quite a force. The two blokes had shocked looks upon their faces.

"I suggest you two leave this fine bloke alone, or else."

His voice held venom as he threatened the two blokes. The two quickly mad a dash for the door, leaving the situation. He turned to face me, his expression going from anger to softness. Our eyes were locked onto one another. How beautiful his chocolate brown eyes shined in the light. His smile wore a little bit of goof to it, but also a little awkward.

"Are you alright?"

He reached his hand out towards me. His eyes held so much worry and concern over me. A person who he has never interacted with, yet was being sweet as candy.

I hesitantly placed my hand on his, noticing how different our hands were. His being big, warm, and soft. While mine were small, cold, and rough.

Before he pulled me up, he looked like an angel. I could see how the light above looked like a halo upon his head, with the background positioned to look like he had wings.

He pulled me off the ground in a quick, swift motion. I couldn't help but continue to stare at this majestic bloke.

"Er-are you going to answer my question?"

"E-Eh?! Oh r-right, I'm ok."

"Are you sure? You're quite bruised and bleeding a little. Do you want me to take you to the infirmary?"

"I-If you wouldn't mind...uh-"

"Nick. Nick Nelson."

"Charlie. Charlie Spring. Forgive me for asking but, I've never seen you here before."

"That's because I'm new here."

"O-Oh. I see."

I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly. Nick still hasn't let go of my hand, but  he rubbed my knuckles using his thumb. I felt my face heat up.