•Chapter 23•

Another important note at the end of the chapter
____________________________________________________________________________ 

Two weeks had passed since the small incident with Amanda breaking down and revealing how much of a monster her ex, Brandon, was. Michael wasn't exactly fond of how Y/n was paying attention to her friend. And he communicated that very clearly. Stalking her everywhere she went. Work, the coffeeshop, while she slept. There were no limits. Not to mention he had seen how friendly the barista was acting towards you.

On the other hand, Y/n was smooshing her clothes into an old leather suitcase she found in the attic. It was the day Amanda and her left for the up north trip she agreed to.  Michael, being his opinionated self, didn't like this idea. Dragging her away from packing. Tightly embracing her from behind and acting like a lovesick puppy.
"Michael, we talked about this" she groaned, tilting her neck to the side while the killer rested his head on her shoulder.

She had gotten used to his odd mannerisms, apart from more of his...sensual ones. "I'm going whether you like it or not" Y/n slithered out of his grasp and shivered. She had shut the heat off last night since she didn't want to hastle with the controls this morning. She zipped up her coat with the nice fur lining she had found at the thirft store not long ago and sighed dreamily. This coat would probably be the only thing that would carry her through winter. She flipped open her phone to read the time. 8:03 AM.

It was going to take 5 hours to drive there. Y/n couldn't remember the last time she had a road trip this long. It had to have been a few years atleast. She closed the phone and tossed it in her pocket before picking up the heavy suitcase. Amanda was going to pick her up anytime now, so she hurried downstairs, Michael trailing behind.

She fiddled with her keys while standing near the front door, figuring out which one was which. "I trust you'll be protecting the house?" Her fingers gripped the house key she had finally found.
"I don't think this is a good idea"  Michael held up his handy notepad. Y/n somewhat agreed with his statement. Her gut told her not to go, like there was some impending doom she didn't know about. But this was for her dear friend who had already been through hell.

"For once I agree with you. But I've already made up my mind" she opened the door, her face hit with the icey air. "This is probably just what I need" she hoped her mind wasn't playing wicked tricks on her emotions when she felt a bit anxious.
"Stay with me"
He held the note infront of her before brushing his knuckles across her face. Looking at her obsessively behind his mask. Which garnered a weak smile from Y/n.

"I can't" she shied away from his touch. "Answer my question atleast?" From the corner of her eye she saw her friends car pull up in front. "Yes, anything for you." 
She couldn't help but get take a long look at the note, it seemed to have struck the right chord with her as heat rose to her cheeks. Amanda honked the horn at her, making her scowl. The neighbors were still probably asleep, and she didn't need any noise complaints.

"Goodbye Michael" She closed the door behind her and locked it. Her boots crunched in the thin layer of snow that had a pathetic turn out this December. Tossing her luggage in the trunk before sliding in the passenger seat. She was greeted by the smiling face of her friend.

"All set?" Amanda lowered her bat-shaped sunglasses on her nose to give a cheeky look. "Yep. What's with the glasses?" Y/n buckled herself in while looking at the statement piece on her friend's face. "The sun is extremely bright in the winter, and sometimes it reflects on the snow. Making it super hard to see."

"Hm, I should get myself some then. The more you know" Y/n yawned "Well, let's get going. What tapes did you bring?"
"Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Cure, Billy Idol" "Awesome" she pressed the audio button and Spellbound began to play. The quick paced guitars setting the mood for the trip.