•Chapter 12•

I think you know the drill with the Y/n = stuff, so I'm just gonna leave that out now

F/c = Favorite candy
____________________________________________________________________________

"No fucking way!" Amanda screeched through the phone speaker. Y/n flinched away at the sudden noise.
"I know, Even I couldn't believe it"

Against Y/ns better judgement, she decided to call Amanda and tell her what she just discovered. Best friends tell eachother everything. Right?

"I think I dodged a bullet there, who knows what could've happened to be honest. The memories are still a little fuzzy"
"I think you did, you always had terrible taste in men"
Y/ns jaw hung open "You did not just- yknow what I could say the same about you and-"
"Yeah yeah I know" Amanda interrupted.
"Speaking of Brandon he's still in bed from the party. I found him passed out on the floor during the party. Woke up with a mind splitting headache"

Y/n bit her tongue, wanting to tell her friend about what actually happened.
"And the rest of the party I was looking for you, where did you go?"
'Fuck'
"Oh, well... I just had too much to drink and wasn't feeling well"
"Dont tell me you spent the rest of the party puking in the bathroom!"
She rolled her eyes "No, idiot. I meant I went home"
"Oooohh okay"
Silence filled both sides of the phone

"I would talk more but since Brandon can't get his ass out of bed I have to run errands for him. Ttyl" she said with a little peppiness in her voice.
"Talk to you later" Y/n responded dryly as the line went dead.
She pulled the phone away from her ear and looked at the small screen on the flip phone.
October 31st 11:03 AM

'Already Halloween, and trick or treating starts at six'
These next Halloween's wouldn't feel the same after finding out about her past friendship, what went down that very night. Y/n shook her head in disagreement with the negative thoughts she had. She wasnt going to let something in her past effect her future.

Like the good and responsible adult Y/n is, she decided to run her own errands and pick up some groceries. Mostly candy for the trick or treaters in which she'd buy two bags and eat one of them by herself. 
Y/n sat in her car at the stoplight, tapping her steering wheel to the beat of Radio Gaga which was playing on the station. As the light turned green, she heard an ear piercing tire screech. Just as she was about to turn right, a car just barely grazed her side mirrors when it zoomed past. Turning left and making other cars come to a sudden halt.

"What an asshole, does he not know how to read-" catching a glimpse of the side of the car, white letters spelled out Haddonfield Police Department. "Oh great, another cop who thinks the rules of the road don't apply to him" she pressed her foot on the gas and turned right. "Getting a shiny badge makes them soooo much better"

After some curses and damning that cop to hell, she finally pulled into the local grocery store. Deciding not to get a cart, Y/n headed straight for the candy isle in hopes it wasnt all sold out yet. She held her breath and turned into the isle. Surprisingly, it wasn't that empty besides all the big brands being sold out.
'I wanted to get the bag of mixed candies but...'
Her gaze locked with the two bags of blow pops a few feet ahead. 'Bingo'  with a few steps, she reached for the bag. Instead of a plastic bag, her hand touched another. Immediately retracting it, she looked up and her eyes met with brown ones. "Oh hey Y/n!"

Amanda.
"Ohhh heyyy" Y/n averted her eyes from her friend's. "What are you doing here?" Y/n talked out the side of her mouth. "To get candy for trick-or-treating, and what about you? Looking for something to binge eat while watching a scary movie?"
"Mm that would be the case if it was last year. But now that I'm part of an Actual neighborhood, I'm taking part in that good ol' tradition" Y/n silently cringed at her words