•Chapter 16•

____________________________________________________________________________

"Home sweet home" Y/n announced as she opened the door from Michael's grip. The house, so far, was the same as she left it. Candy all over the couch, and the tv was still on, but she didn't care to see what was on. Michael walked in and slowly set her down on the couch.
Michael stood over her, lingering and analyzing her features worriedly.

Y/n took note of this and clapped her hands together, snapping him out of his gaze. "Do me a favor? My cell phone is somewhere in the kitchen, could you um- retrieve it for me?" He slightly tilted his head in question.
He'd been locked up in the sanitarium for so long, fifteen years. Ofcourse he wouldn't be familiar with a cell phone. She mentally face palmed herself.

"It's the little silver box, it can flip open and close. Might be in the counter"
He hesitated with getting the phone, not completely trusting you. He might not know what a cell phone is, but the phone in its name tells it all.
"I need to text my friend, she could be freaking out and sending a search party" Y/n pleaded. It was a bit of an exaggeration, but she knew her friend was probably wasting all her minutes with texts.

Michael silently walked over to the kitchen in search of the phone. Y/n waited patiently for her silent stalker to return. Him, on the other hand, quietly looked over the kitchen for the phone until his eyes locked with the said cell phone. His hand reaching for it, until a loud buzzing came from it, causing him to ever so slightly flinch. He picked it up with one hand and opened it with the other, curiously looking at the screen.

"Oh my fucking god, it's about time you picked up! What's going on?"
Michael's patience was already on a thine line with that opening phrase. "Y/n, hellooooo?"
"Michael! Give me my phone!" Y/n panicked as he held it, not wanting her friend to hang up. Painfully slow, he moved out of the kitchen and handed the phone to Y/n.

"Hiii Amanda! Great to hear from you!" She smiled wide as if her friend was infront of her.
"Took you long enough. Who's Michael?"
Shit
"My aunts dog" her gut wrenched, hoping that Amanda would believe her lie. "Aww that's so sweet. Does he also answer phones too?" The girl replied sarcastically.
"He must've pressed a button or something. He also brings you your phone too" Y/n side eyed Michael a bit as he loomed over her again.

"You better have a good explanation for why you haven't answered your phone. Kirk has been going nuts since you didn't even call to say you weren't going to show up for work for three days"
'Three days? Oh no...'
"And I could care less if you didn't show up for work, but you didn't call or text me! Not even a skype message! Y/n I was worried sick!"

Y/n squeezed her eyes at her friends loud lecture. Kirk, the Manager of the record shop which she worked at, probably wasn't going to be too happy about her no response either.
"I can explain..."
"Well go on then"
"My house was broken into. The back doors glass was shattered and I stepped on it. I had to get medical treatment and I couldn't walk" Y/n choked up the half truth, feeling terrible about lying to Amanda.

"Oh... Y/n I'm sorry. You're okay thought right? Was anything stolen?"
"No, nothing was stolen"
Silence found the both of them. Until Y/n lightly chuckled.
"So, what was Kirk like when I didn't show up?"
"Oh my God it was so hilarious. He was like, making Those weird grunting noises and swearing under his breath"
The both of them laughed and talked for a few more minutes.

Michael, on the other hand, watched as she laughed with her friend growing a tad jealous of the little time they were talking together.

"But still, you should've called or something. Especially since I would've came over to help out and keep watch. After all your house was broken into"
"I know- I just didn't want to be a burden. Plus I'm was super exhausted and I lost a lot of blood"
"You're never a burden to me, you're my best friend. Ride or die"