•Chapter 8•

Y/n = Your name

L/n = Last Name

Sorry for the short chapter :P
____________________________________________________________________________

"Y/n would you help me out back here!"

"In a minute!"

"Y/n! Grab the box on shelf C!"

"On it!"

"Y/n a customer needs assistance!"

"I'm coming, just give me a sec"

It was indeed a busy day for the Haddonfield record shop, and especially busy for a 23 year old Y/n L/n. She carried two boxes on her shoulders as she made back and forth trips to the storage room and the main shop.
"Big inventory restock today huh" Amanda, her coworker, added. "Yes indeed, all these Type O' Negative tracks are in high demand right now"

Y/n said while setting the boxes filled with C/Ds down. "Now where's that customer? Ah yes, you there!" she approached the random in the store that looked confused. To her atleast. "What can I help ya with?" "Uhmm, do you have any Nan Vernon albums?"
Y/n pleasantly nodded
"Check the boxes filled with folders in the back, there'll be an 'alternative rock' section and the folders should be in alphabetical order"

The stranger shared a quick thank you and headed into the isles behind them. Amanda clapped her hands sarcastically "way to go, yaayy". Amanda had spiked black hair with both sides of her head shaved. Her attire usually consisted of long dark shirts with loose sleeves, ripped black jeans, converse shoes, and heavy jewelry. Her face didn't look friendly with heavy eyeliner and lipstick.

However, She was the nicest coworker Y/n had met. Sharing the same music tastes and enjoying eachothers company. They both looked forward to work instead of dreading it.
"Thank you, Thank you" Y/n retorted and bowed.
Amanda slightly chuckled and nudged her.
The girls rung out the other customers and sent them off.

"Ugh, I'm ready for today to be done" Y/n slightly arched her back in a stretch.
"Just wanna go home and get the paperwork done"
"Oh yeah how's that going?"
"It's terribly hard" she gasped out "but in the end it'll be worth it"
Y/n was planning to buy the old house she lived in with her mother until her highschool years. The very house across the street from that run down, abandoned home. Y/n didn't neccesarily remember the details of the house even being there. It was an eyesore, but hey, better here than there.

She was only a few days from moving out of her apartment and into the house. She was currently sleeping on a stray mattress with a sheet for a blanket. Most of the other belongings were boxed away in the living room.

"Atleast I'll be helping you move, who knows what might happen if you're stuck with those boxes by yourself" Amanda dramatized her words
"It's not like all of them are gonna crush me to death"
"Sure, but you'll probably fall asleep mid-cut while slicing open the boxes"

Y/n huffed in embarrassment "that only happened once!" She turned away from her friend to hide her face. "Mmm and it's bound to happen again"
Amanda teased in her ear. "Why must you hurt me so" Y/n deadpanned

"Excuse me, I'm ready to check out" the two of them stopped and greeted the customer. The same one that asked for the Nan Vernon albums. "Did you find everything okay?" "Yeah...Thanks for the help earlier"
Y/n scanned the barcode and began bagging the item, a vinyl in particular. "No problem. Your total is ten dollars and twenty-three cents" the cash register dinged. After the customer paid, the door jingled.

"Have a good day" once the customer moved, she could finally see who walked into the store. It was a group of girls. High schoolers based on how they dressed and acted. One of them stood out to Y/n. She had blonde hair with glasses the perfectly framed her face. The two other friends had yellow and black varsity jackets on and had brown hair.

She couldn't help but feel a sense of familiarity when looking at the highschool girl. "Y/n? Earth to Y/n?" She snaps out of her daze and looks at Amanda. "Do you know her or something? You've been staring for like a minute straight" Amanda crossed her arms.
"I feel like I know her, but I don't know who she is"

Y/n shook her head in dismay "nevermind that" she tried her best to distract herself from the morbid feeling of attachment to the girl. "Well to distract you from whoever that is. There's gonna be a Halloween party next week Tuesday. Wanna come with me?" Amanda asked in her usual tone. "Uhh, I actually think I have something that Tuesday-" "Stop making excuses, you always fumble with your shirt when you're lying"

Y/n bit the inside of her cheek "you know me so well" she paused "but parties aren't exactly my thing" her eyes averted the stare of her friend. "Oh bullshit, you haven't been to one in like five years, it'll be fun!" Amanda pleaded "pluuusss, it's a costume party" she twirled around. "You can dress up as whoever want" "well...." "Pleaaaseeee" her brown eyes dilated, making her look like a lovesick raccoon.

Y/n sighed in defeat "Okay okay" Her friend almost lept up with joy "Yessss! You won't regret this" Amanda squeezed her in a tight hug. "I'll text you the details later, I promise you it'll be fun"
Y/n raised one brow "I'll hold you to that"

Meanwhile, the highschool girls were still roaming around.
Y/n wasn't the only one who shared a stare. The blonde with glasses gazed at the unsuspecting employee.
'Do I know her?' She thought
"Laurie!"
She blinked and turned her head "Yes Lynda?"
"Don't tell me that's your preference now" Lynda teased and nudged her side. Laurie's eyebrows furrowed at her friend. "I'm kidding I'm kidding, chill out sweetcheeks"

The third friend placed her hand on her hips "If you two are done fooling around I'd like to check out now" They both looked at eachother. "But of course your highness" They followed her to the counter to check out.

"Did you find everything okay?" Y/n asked the girls. "Sure did" the girl stated while searching for her wallet. Once she did, Y/n had already scanned all her items. "Your total is fourteen dollars and two cents" With a swipe of a card and a quick bagging. The highschool girls headed out of the store.
Y/n and Laurie took one final glance at eachother.

And both of their minds said in unison
'I swear I've seen her'

"Ughhh can we punch out yet? My feet are killing me" Amanda moaned. "We got two more hours, you can make it" Y/n continued doing her tasks for the day, dreading the fact that she had to go to a party next week.