•Chapter 13•

____________________________________________________________________________

Darkness swirled through Y/ns consciousness. Her mind struggled to gain back all its senses. Numbness was still contemporary in half her body, still rigid, but laying on something soft. Her eyes forced themselves to open. They felt heavy, like the weight of the world was pulling down on them.
Her mouth was dry, desperately begging for water or any other liquid.

Once Y/n was mostly awake, she noticed the  Crescent moon glowing through the windows. As she tried to prop herself up on her elbows, her hand slightly grazed something cold and smooth. She looked to her left and saw a person with their eyes wide open and facing the ceiling.
Immediately, Y/n flung herself out of the bed.
"AH WHAT THE FUCK!"
She quickly backed away from the bed and held her arms to her chest. Trying to provide some comfort to her uncontrollable shaking. It was cold. Cold enough that she could see her own breath.

For a solid five minutes, Y/n stood frozen in fear, if not the temperature doing that itself. Her eyes studied the body.The body was wasn't clothed and it's parts were in full view. It was a girl. Studying it closer, she noticed that her chest wasn't rising and falling. Signaling that she wasn't breathing.
Above the bed on the mantel was a gravestone which read

Our Beloved Daughter
Judith Myers
Born Nov.10 ,1974  Died Oct.31 ,1990

"What the actual hell is happening" Y/n managed to breathe out. Dread settled in as she realized that she slept next to the dead body. Just how long had she been out? Was it still the 31st?
She looked out the window and saw her house across the street. Adrenaline pumped through her veins as realization set it. Across from her house was the Myers home. She was in a house across from her house.
"I'm in the old Myers home..."

The wood creaked around her feet as the rafters groaned with the wind. The room smelled old and rotted.
Without questioning how she got there, Y/n ran towards the door and pulled it open before running out of the room. She was met with a long hallway filled with crooked pictures and peeling paint.

Not wasting anymore time looking at the surroundings, Y/n booked it down the hall. Her feet were almost crying in pain because as she ran, she stepped on splinters and broken glass. But her flight senses made it more bearable.

As she reached the top of the steps some relief washed over her, but it was short lived. Two of the steps had caved in, while the others looked like they were just about to.
Y/n carefully scaled down the steps on her toes, skipping the missing ones. After the treacherous climb, she raced to the front door and pulled with all her force.

It stayed shut. The doorknob barely moving. She tried again, this time turning the knob the other way. It didnt budge. The windows were a second option, but the majority of them were boarded up and the minority of then were hazards.
"Shit, What do I do?"
Y/n backed away from the door, then her back hit something.
'I don't think their was a wall here before'
She started to hear that same filtered breathing right above her head. Her head slight tilted up. The white mask looked down at her. This time Y/n screamed and scrambled away from the shape back into the door.

He slowly approached her, his large shadow drawing out the light that was shining on her. Her eyes squeezed shut and she turned her face away. In a split second she was begging with destiny to keep her alive.
"Please...I'm s-sorry" tears raced down her face.
Two large and rough hands placed themselves behind Y/ns head, the thumbs somewhat caressing her cheek. The hands turned her head slightly forward
'This is the part where my head gets snapped' she shivered in his hold, bracing for the worse.

Moments passed. And nothing happened.
Her eyes slowly opened, allowing more tears to fall. The masked shape was looking down at her, seemingly cradling her face gently. His thumbs wiping away the tears.
The girls eyes studied his mask. It looked like a Captain Kirk mask she'd see in pop up Halloween stores as a kid. But it looked battered a withered. Along with a few blood splatters

Through the black holes of the mask she saw intense blue eyes gazing into her own endlessly. In the back of her mind, it reminded her of the blues belonging to the boy she once knew. The boy she'd forgotten to remember.

"Michael?"
Y/ns voice quivered under the pressure she felt. The only thing she heard was her own breathing at that point. She flinched when he started leaning in until the both of them were literally 'face to face'.

His hand combed through her hair, as the other grabbed her waist and pulled her into his chest. He continued to stroke Y/ns hair while holding her in a tight embrace. So tight in fact, she found it hard to breathe at when she inhaled sometimes.

Emotions she felt that she couldn't describe in words came out in tears. Y/n, overwhelmed with emotion, sobbed into his chest. Half was fearing for her life and the other was wondering if this large masked man was actually Michael.
However, his soft gestures were somewhat comforting. Y/n had stopped sobbing and took notice of his handling. Despite her human instincts...it seemed like he didn't intend to kill her anytime soon.

Taking a deep inhale and tilting her head up to the shape looking down at her, she breathed out "is it really you?"
His stroking stopped and his hands rested on her shoulder. He nodded slowly.
"I can't remember anything that happened, but, we-" Michael covered her mouth, stopping her midsentence. He didn't want her to fumble with her memories at this intimate moment. Removing his hand, his thumb traced her lips slightly before moving some stray hairs out of her face.

"I don't understand...what's going on, what day is it?" Her hand slid into both her pockets but her phone wasn't in either one them.
"My phones at home, what day is it?" She asked Michael. He responded with a head tilt.
"Michael, what day is it?" He stayed silent before letting her out of the tight hug. "Not much of a talker huh"
A single memory replayed in her head, him at the hospital, sitting silently as Y/n talked to him.

"Well I need my phone so-" she put her hand on the doorknob. Michael slammed his hand near her head, caging her in.  She let out a slight squeak and turned to face Michael. "I-I n-need my pho..ne" Y/n squeezed her eyes shut. His arm wrapped around her waist and hoisted her up and on his shoulder.
"H-hey! Put me down! I might have work today and I need to call Amanda!"

Michael ignored he pleas and carried her up the steps. "Don't put me in the room with the dead body again" Y/n groaned. Michael, however, was indeed listening to her complaints. So instead of going into the room she was in before, he walked into another room. It had rock and roll posters all over the wall. It seemed more familiar then any other rotted area in the house.

He plopped Y/n onto the bed, and dust flew everywhere. Which she accidentally inbreathed and started coughing. "Is this...cough... your room?" 
Michael nodded and began to walk away.
"Hey Wait-" the door slammed.
"Shit"
Now she was in too deep. She had to get out of there, one way or another.

____________________________________________