•Chapter 2•

Y/n = Your name

L/n = Last Name

____________________________________________________________________________

"Hello!"
Y/n blurted at the boy. The sudden greeting caused the boy to jump a bit. He turned around with an emotionless expression. She stared directly into his deep blue eyes. It looked like they held no emotion either.
"What do you want?" He asked in a slightly aggressive tone. Y/n was taken aback by his sudden slight hostility. "Uh, I j-just moved-" his eyes were staring into her soul. She regained her composure and continued her sentence "I just moved in across the street. And uh..." the words slipped out of her mind.

"Yeah" the boy responded plainly before turning around and walking away. Probably to go back into his house.
"No wait!" She grabbed his wrist quickly. He turned around and his eyes finally glinted with some hint of emotion. "I wanted to introduce myself. I guess I kind of, lost my thoughts" Y/n let go of his wrist and looked away slightly embarrassed. "Sorry, My name is Y/n L/n. I was wondering if you go to Haddonfield elementary..."

They stood in silence for a few seconds before he responded "Yes I do" Y/n looked up in relief. "Awesome! What's it like there?" The boy's eyes brightened again as she continued to talk to him. "It's okay I guess, nothing special" his attention was completely on Y/n now. "Why, are you going there too?" "Yeah, it's kinda the only school in this town anyways" he nodded at her words.
"So... what's your name?" The boy's eyes widened at the question. He had forgotten what is was for a split second as he stared at her face.

"Michael...Myers" he said in a quiet tone. Patiently, he waited for a reaction from the girl. "Michael huh? Sounds like a cool superhero name, like Bruce Wayne. It's got a ring to it" Y/n rambled a bit. "Thanks" awkward silence filled the air again before Michael spoke up again "Your name-" her head titled up as she stared at him curiously.

"It's cute. I like it" he turned his face away, hiding his small hint of red on his cheeks. Y/n was taken aback at the complement. Her cheeks heated up as she looked down at her shoes in embarrassment "Really?" "Really". They both looked at eachother as their blushes faded away.

Michael's mouth opened, about to say something when
"Y/n!" Her mother called out. "Sorry, I have to go. See you later-" she paused "Michael" she smiled at him. The sound of her saying his name was like music to him. He mouthed 'bye' to Y/n as he watched her dash across the street and back into the house.

Y/n pressed her back against the door letting out a sigh 'my first time here and I already talked to someone new. Maybe it won't be so bad'. "There you are! Help me with unloading the rest of these boxes, will ya?"

After more and more unpacking, they both sat at the dinner table eating take out food. Y/n chewed at the plastic utensil as she was done with her meal. "Mom, do you think ghosts live here?" Her mother slightly choked on her food. "No sweetie. Why do you say that?" "I dunno. Maybe they're just shy and won't come out" her mother let out a sigh "aren't you too old to believe in those things?" "I'm only eight"

"I just don't want you to let your imagination to run too wild. You get nightmares when you let that stuff get into your mind" Y/n puffed up her cheeks "I won't get nightmares" she huffed. Her mother did the goofiest sinister smile possible and did claw like motions with her hands "until the boogeyman comes under mommy's bed" "mom, that doesn't work on me anymore".

After the somewhat eventful supper, the two sat on the couch watching Scooby Doo. Y/n wanted to bring up the fact that she sort of made a friend from across the street. But she wasn't so sure Michael was her 'friend' yet. "So who was that you were talking with across the street?" Y/n almost jumped out of her skin at the question. "You saw?" "I only saw you guys for a few seconds, calm down" she deadpanned at her mom's weird behavior.

"His name is Michael and he lives across the street. I don't know anything else but he said he goes to Haddonfield Elementary" Her mom let out a gasp and wrapped her arms around Y/n in a tight embrace. "My baby girl made a friend on her first day! What a miracle" "He's not my friend!" She paused and thought "not yet, I dont consider him one"

They both sat in silence before her mom spoke up again "Well, you have three more weeks until school. You can get to know him a little bit before it starts" Y/n nodded and held her knees to her chest. She looked through the front window and at the house across the street.

To be completely honest with herself. She did want to talk with Michael again.

On the other side in the Myers house. Michael peered through his own window at Y/ns house. "Quit staring Michael, you'll probably scare the new neighbors off" his sister, Judith, said as she stood by him. Michael stayed unmoving, thinking about Y/n and nothing else. Everything about her infatuated him a little. "Hey, I'm talking to you!" Judith shoved him to the side "fucking little shit" she grimaced before walking upstairs to her room.

Michael curled into a ball and rested his head on his knees. He desperately wanted to cry and scream. He wanted to hug his mother and sob into her arm as she embraced him tenderly. He crawled over to the crib, which held his baby sister Angel, whom he affectionately called 'boo'. A small part of him wanted to stay strong for his little sister and mother. So he sucked in what emotions he had left and went back to staring out the window.

Lost in his own thoughts once again