Chapter 21.

They were eating their breakfast silently until Alex thought it to break it.

"Eira, I was thinking of keeping our reception day after tomorrow." He informed her.

She thought for a second then nodded as she still have bread in her mouth making him smirk.

"Yeah sure." She whispered blushing a little in embarrassment.

"The thing is it will be like a masquerade ball."

"You mean where they all wear masks?"

"Yeah, can you wear that instead of your veil."

She went in deep thoughts and he was looking at her keenly, his eyes showing his evil intentions looking at her.

He wanted to capture those plumpy pink lips at this instance but only he knows how much he is controlling himself.

"I want to see that mask first."

"You can choose it yourself."

"Okay, if I find some perfect one then I would do it."

"And yes one more thing, they will be all those things of your don't list and I can't replace it either. I'll make sure to avoid the alcohol in cake but I'm not sure about other things."

This made her froze on her spot and she looked at him with widen eyes.

"But Alex..." she got interrupted in the middle by him.

"I know you don't want that, but It is necessary know that."

"How is it necessary aren't you the king or something then why not?" She was getting little frustrated and he was aware of it.

"Yes, I am but their is a difference between Alex and James. I can't do the same things to let my enemies get a hint of my identity. Understand this Eira."

"But I don't want to gather in such places. It makes me uncomfortable and never in my existence I went in such places. Can't you take someone else along with you, their will be masks so what's the problem." She tried to reason it unaware that she was turning on the beast.

"Eira, you are going with me and that's final. Understood." He got up slamming the dinning table making her flinch at the sound.

This time she wasn't thinking of backing up. She would never imagine going to such places let alone go in actual.

He was going from there but stopped in the middle and turned back at her.

"Eira, if you are not coming then forget about doing a job."

"Alex you promised me you can't do this now." She too stood up from her place.

"I never promised baby." He mocked making her feel betrayed.

"How can you? Alex you can't force me."

"If you think this is forcing then you don't know the meaning of it. I am getting quite comfortable with you doesn't mean I will let you do whatever you want."

"Why are you doing this?"
She could barely hide the hurt in her voice and eyes.

"Eira, listen this I know." He stopped, taking a deep breath, he was trying to calm himself down as the flashbacks of her fearful eyes got infront of him from yesterday's.

He took a step towards her and gently held her upper arms looking deeply in her eyes, she didn't broke the eye contact with him.

"Eira, it's important why can't you understand this."

"Alex, they will drink and will get out of their senses and do the things I can't even say out loud. I don't want to attend those places where I feel unprotected please Alex don't force me."