Chapter 19.

It was more than a week now after their reception. Their relation was not like before it changed, Alex was still in doubt about her and Eira wasn't trying to spend more time with him.

She asked about rejoining the hospital but he again declined it saying after the Mafia reception. He killed 12 people in this week but couldn't able to find the mouse.

Alex's full focus was on his Mafia, he was even being careful about Eira, he was watching her every step.

Eira was trying to get busy by doing her boxing practise or by reading some books in her free time. In this week she went to her parent's house 4 times.

Stefan Jonathon was deathly quiet, he didn't taunt Alex nor cross his limits infront of Eira. They basically didn't talk to eachother.

It was around 2 am, Alex wasn't home. It became his daily routine. Eira was sleeping in her room. With that she heard banging on her door.

She woke up in a jolt, she shook her head few times and rubbed her eyes. The banging was increasing as each second passes.

She look at the side of her bed and wore her hijab, she got up and slowly took the steps towards the door. She flinched again by the voice.

"Who?" She asked in a low voice.

"You bitch open the door fast my son is dying." Stefan's voice boomed from outside.

Eira felt as if her world collapsed listening it. Yes, they weren't having any conversation and bonding like before but thinking him dying made her shudder.

She immediately opened the door.

"Where is he? What happened to him?" She asked panicking trying to go out from her room.

"He is here come." Stefan replied showing his hand which was leading to the downstairs.

Eira immediately tried to go down but he held her wrist and pushed her in her room. Her breathing started to quicken.

She looked at him with widen eyes.
Stefan took a step towards and she stepped back.

"What are you doing? Alex is injured, Move." She asked with a glare trying to go out of the room.

"Oh come here." He held her wrist in a rough grip.

"You.." she stopped in the middle registering everything.

"You tricked me." She said to herself and yanked his hand from her.

"Bingo." He clapped with a laugh trying to go near her.

She was looking at her surroundings trying to get something for her defence but got none.

Her knife was in the side drawer of her bed and she was standing near the walk in closet's door.

He took a step towards her and she stepped back. Her hands started trembling and the only person she was praying for her rescue was Alex.

She tried to run from him but he held her elbow and pushed her on the bed. She took this as an opportunity and immediately took out her knife.

She pointed it towards him making him laugh loudly.

"You think you can defend yourself with that." He mocked her and started laughing again.

She held her knife tightly trying to avoid the trembling of her hands. Her heart beat was going at peak and she started breathing heavily.

He took a step forward, his eyes were showing his evil intentions.

"Don't you have any shame I'm your son's wife." She was acting strong.

"Oh really then don't you think you should obey to your father in law." He taunted.