THE INTERVIEW

Kiara's pov :

Today has been totally hectic for me. First I had to go to that board meeting, which was full of chauvinist males who tried their best to break me. But they forgot that they're talking to the girl, who had gone through all these shits and shut them up properly. And now this interview.
I hate to love my life, because being busy is the only thing which will keep me away from overthinking about my past.

"We're here, ma'am. " My assistant said while opening the door for me.
I've to do my best in this interview if I want the Shravs deal to be a huge success.

And yeah I also have to do it while controlling the urge to throw chair in my Co-guest who happens to be, Reyansh fucking Kapoor. I don't even understand why these interviewers have to invite two enemies for interviews together.

For fucks sake, it's real life not some enemies to lovers fantasy book!

I don't even know why that dumb headed person accepted this interview, when he just wanted to get rid of me as soon as possible. He doesn't even do interviews, it's his first-time. I would've also denied it if those bloody board members of mine hadn't forced me.

God! Give me strength to deal with that handsome devil.

I was walking towards the green room when suddenly I heard the voice of the person I hate the most after a month from the party.

"Aren't you forgetting to say hello to me, my enchantress!"

God doesn't love me. I'm 100% sure now

"Actually sorry. I've teached to kick assholes, not to say hellos. And looking at your categorization in my life, you surely belong to the assholes categories." I said while turning and giving him a tight lipped smile.
"One of the nicest assholes. You forgot to add, my enchantress. " He said while smirking.
Cocky bastard!
I was about to give a good comeback when suddenly a staff member came and told us to get ready first as the interview is going to start soon.
I rechecked my appearance and gave myself a little prep talk before I entered the set where the interview was taking place.

It's totally grand. Obviously it's the first time Mr.Reyansh Kapoor is giving an interview in any tv show, so it's supposed to be grand.
"Ma'am please take your seat." The interviewer said politely while smiling.
I took my seat on the sofa closer to him. I have no intention to sit beside Mr.Devil.

But why the hell is he taking so much time?

"Sir, please sit." The voice of the interviewer once again snapped me out of my thoughts. And I looked at that handsome specimen to take a seat on the same sofa I was sitting on. The sofa is big and we have a hand length distance between us but still it makes me stop breathing for a second as he sat beside me while folding his legs.

This control. I hate this control which he has over my body.

"Shall we start ma'am, sir?" The interviewer asked, looking at both of us.
Before nodding, I gave myself a little bit of prep talk to remind myself that,

It's a live show, Kiara. Don't throw chairs at him and be polite.

"Good afternoon everyone. Hello and welcome to the Business News. My name is Andrew. And I welcome you to our brand new episode of Legends Forever. And today we've two legends who are very young but have achieved everything anyone would dream of. With a huge round of applause please welcome, The beauty with brain Ms.Kiara Singhania and The one and only Handsome and Most eligible bachelor in the whole new york city Mr.Reyansh Kappor for the first time ever. Thank you so much to you both for making it here despite your busy schedules. I'm really delighted to have you here." Andrew said while smiling and the camera rolled towards us. And I thanked while smiling. Obviously a fake one. But that asshole didn't even do anything. He has *I hate this and everyone in this fucking place* look at his face.

Like I love it.

"First of all, before anything I want to say you look really really beautiful Ms.Singhania." That Andrew guy said while smiling genuinely.
I was about to reply him with a thank you when that asshole beside me who seemed to be a mute from the start said,

"Is it from the script? Or do you flirt with every girl who comes to your show?" This piece of shit.
When I looked at him, he was busy glaring at that poor Andrew with clenched jaws.

Is he offended that Andrew didn't say anything about him? Jealous bitch!

"Thank you, Andrew. And I think you should really give some compliments to Mr.Kapoor as he is jealous of me." I said while faking a smile and looking at that particular asshole when he looked at me.

I have trained myself to never show any emotion, pain I feel on my face. But everytime I look into his eyes I feel like he can read me, my every single thought which is really terrifying.

"You also look really handsome Mr.Kappor. " That Andrew guy said while laughing awkwardly.
Poor guy.
"So I've some questions for you and I hope you will answer them honestly. And if you feel like not answering any particular question you can skip it. No worries." I like the shows in which the guests have the freedom to choose which questions they answer or not. I hate it when someone tries to interfere in my personal life.

"So what do you think about Shravs, Ms.Singhania?" Ahh..I knew this question was going to come.
"Just call me Kiara, Andrew. And Shravs is something which is going to be really close to me. And Shanaya is really hard working and inspiring. I hope to work with her every time. I hope people like Shravs. And we've another opportunity to work with them." I said while giving my professional smile.

"What about you, Mr.Kapoor? What do you think about Shravs and your opinion about their collaboration with Singhania Groups?" Ahnn..why do they need to ask him? I'm pretty sure now he would throw some insults my way.

I was waiting for the insults when his tone full of admiration shocked me.

"Well..Shravs really have a great innovative designs and mindset which is really nice for today's generation. And having two women who are successful at their field together is like some atom bomb. And about Singhania groups, getting the deal. I think they deserve it. She deserves it. And I would agree that her presentation was better than mine."

Don't look. Don't melt. You both hate each other. It's just for cameras. Nothing else. You are business rivals.
Don't melt. Don't loo-

I wasn't able to control myself and looked at him to find him already staring at me with eyes full of admiration and respect.  He was looking at me like I'm the most possessed jewel he had ever seen.

Fuck! No man had ever looked at me like that.

Hey readers..
I am Aarushii(your dear author 😉)
Hope you liked the chapter.
Thank you for reading.
Love you.

War Of SeductionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara