29

《Kya's point of view 》

The drive home was quiet. I barely had the energy to hold my head up, let alone speak. The blurry visions of the night before flashed through my mind as I tried to piece the events together. I knew that Kenji had drugged me, and I knew that he was stopped before anything bad happened, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't remember anything after I drank my lemonade.

I rested my head against the window and closed my eyes. Why would he do that to me? Didn't he know that it would hurt me? Didn't he know it was wrong? I felt a tear slide down my cheek and quickly wiped it away. I could feel my dad's eyes on me, and I didn't want him to worry more than necessary.

The car pulled into the driveway, and I could hear the garage door slowly open. I unbuckled my seat belt, grabbed my bag, and stepped out of the car. I walked into the house and let out a deep sigh.

The house was quiet and warm, the comforting glow of the kitchen light illuminating the living room. I walked over to the couch, grabbed a fluffy grey blanket, and curled into a ball. I could hear my dad going back and forth in the kitchen and assumed he was trying to make me food.

"Hey,"

I looked up to see my dad holding out a plate of eggs and toast. The look of concern was evident in his eyes. Why does he always do this? I wish he would just leave me alone and stop looking at me like I'm broken. Cooking me food isn't going to make anything better!

"I know I'm not good at this, but I need to make sure you're going to be OK. Please, Ky, talk to me when you're ready." Reaching down, he placed the food on the coffee table and took a step back.

"I need to leave for the games, but if you want, I can call Nezu and tell him to find someone else. I won't leave you if you need me."

A part of me wanted to say,'No, don't leave! I need you here, dad.' But the other part of me kind of wanted some space. Should I ask him to stay? No. I'll be fine, it's only for a few hours and I can watch everything from here.

"I'm fine, dad." I took a deep breath and wrapped the blanket tighter around me. "Well, actually, I'm not fine, but I'll be ok for today. Your students need you, and so does Mic. I'll call you if I need anything, ok?"

He stood there, hesitating, before he finally turned and walked towards his bedroom. After a few minutes, he walked back into the living room and placed his hand on my head.

"Alright, I'm gonna head out. Please get some rest while I'm gone. I'll call you when I'm on my way home."

I looked up at him and gave him a small smile. "Yeah, ok. Have fun with Mic." I smirked.

He rolled his eyes and let out a low groan. "I'll do my best. See you in a bit."

I heard him leaving the house and listened to the garage opening and closing as he pulled out of the driveway. I was alone. Suddenly, I didn't feel as safe as I had before. I reached out to grab my phone, but I didn't know who to text. All of my friends were at the games.

I flopped my head back onto the arm of the couch and groaned. "I guess I can turn on the games." I glanced at the time. "They should be starting soon." I sat up, ate my food, and then took my dishes to the kitchen. After I loaded the dishwasher, I checked the time again and smiled when I realized that the games were starting.

Sitting back down on the couch, I grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. All of a sudden, I could hear Mic's voice blasting throughout the house.

"GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY!! TODAY IS THE DAY EVERYBODY WAITS FOR! IT'S THE UA GAMES!! YEEEAAAHHH!! AND I AM JOINED BY ERASER HEAD!!! CAN I GET A WOOHOO!!!"

"No." My dad looked pretty annoyed already, and it made me giggle. "Today, we are going to be watching as the first, second, and third year students at UA compete to show who is the best in each class. First up will be the First year hero, general studies, support, and business courses."

I watched as my class and the rest of the first years walked out onto the field. I smiled when my eyes landed on Tora. She's gonna kick ass, I know it! They all walked up to the stage and waited as the host for this year arrived. Everyone cheered when Thirteen took the stage.

Thirteen made her introduction to the kids and to the audience. She then called up Shinaka to say a few words. I rolled my eyes as they took the stage. She was a cocky girl in my class who scored the best in the entrance exams. Her speech was long and stupid, and I ignored most of it.

The first event was a race similar to last year. I paid attention for the most part, mainly keeping an eye on Tora and a few other classmates. At the end of the race, I cheered because Tora had placed in 15th. The next event was jousting, and at the end of that, half of the kids had been eliminated, leaving the remaining 16 to do one-on-one battles.

Tora was up against a beast of a kid from class 1-B. I know Tora is talented, but I wouldn't even want to fight that guy. Her fight was 6th in line, so I closed my eyes and rested until her turn was up. After about an hour, I heard her name get called.

I sat up and watched her fight, wincing when she was nearly beaten to a pulp. Damn, that guy is tough as hell. I made a mental note to never piss him off. I felt a little bummed when Tora was defeated, but I was also thankful that I didn't have to see her get hurt anymore.

I looked down at the clock and knew I had about 2 hours until the second year class took the field. I felt my face flush as a certain blonde haired boy flashed through my mind. I shook my head to clear the thought and walked into my bathroom to take a much needed shower.