17

《Bakugo's point of view》

I looked back at Kya and saw her face drop. My heart squeezed because I hated seeing her look sad, but I was still pissed. I just didn't understand why it was always such an issue when her dad was brought up. What is she hiding from me? Why doesn't she want me to meet him? I kept my eyes on her as she took a deep breath and met my gaze.

"Yeah, it was my dad. But you don't need to worry about that. It was nothing." She shrugged her shoulders and tried to give me a small smile. I wasn't buying it, she was definitely trying to hide something.

"What if I want to worry about it? Kya, how can I be your boyfriend if I don't even know who your family is?" Kya's head shot up and her eyes were filled with fire.

"Excuse me? How can you say that! You have no right to act like this!" Her hands were clenched into fists and her whole body was beginning to quiver. Why the fuck is she pissed at me?!

"NO RIGHT?!?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?" I stood up off the bed as Kya did the same.

"YEAH ASSHOLE! You can't say shit about my family WHEN I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOURS!!" She crossed her arms over her chest and huffed. I gritted my teeth and chewed over my words because I was pissed at the fact that she was right.

"Yeah? Well at least I'm not afraid to bring you home to meet them!" She flinched when I spat those words at her, but I pressed on. "At least you know my last name! AT LEAST YOU KNOW THAT I'M NOT BEING CRIPTIC AND WEIRD BEHIND YOUR BACK, AND TRYING TO HIDE SHIT FROM YOU!!!" As the last words left my mouth I immediately regretted them. I watched as Kya's whole demeanor changed; her body tensed up, her jaw became clenched, her eyes hardened and I knew I went too far.

Without saying a word she grabbed her bag of clothes and locked herself in the bathroom. I stayed frozen, standing in the same spot I had been in when we had started fighting, and I waited for her to come out. Every muscle in my body wanted to go to her but I had a feeling that that would be a stupid decision. The whole thing was pissing me off, and I just wanted to punch something! When she finally emerged she was fully dressed and all of her belongings were packed. I stepped forward to stop her but there was no hesitation in her movement, she was leaving and there was nothing I could do to change her mind.

《Kya's point of view》

I stormed out of 2-A's dorm as fast as I could, I didn't want to talk to anyone else right now. Honestly, I just wanted to be alone. As I reached the front door I heard someone chuckle behind me. I knew who it was before I even had to turn around.

"Leave me alone Kirishima." My eyes were filling with tears as I glared at the door. He can't see me cry. But as I stood there Kirishima reached out and gently touched my elbow.

"Hey, are you ok? Did something happen between you and Bakugo?" He tried turning me towards him but I jerked my arm out of his grasp. "Woah, Ky." This time he grabbed my shoulder and successfully turned me around. By this time my tears had begun to fall and I just wanted to leave.

"Just let me go ok?! I don't want to be here anymore." Kirishima's face was covered in worry that quickly turned to anger.

"Did he hurt you? Did he do something that you said no to? If he did, so help me God, I'm gonna beat the living sh--"

Before he could finish I ran out the door. I didn't know where I was going, I just knew that I needed to be alone.

《Bakugo's point of view》

I sat down on the edge of my bed and dropped my head into my hands. Fuck! Why am I such an asshole? I didn't need to bring that up! I'm so fucking stupid! I groaned internally as I thought of a way to fix my latest fuck up. I knew she was pissed, but I didn't know why? Why is her dad such a big deal? Is he in the mafia or something? Does he do drugs or abuse alcohol? Or is it me? God I hope it isn't me. We've only been seeing each other for two weeks, she can't have that low of an opinion of me yet. Could she?

As I sat there thinking about Kya and what to do next, I heard a loud pounding on my door. "BAKUGO!! LET ME IN SO I CAN KICK YOUR ASS!!"

Wait, what the fuck? Is that Shark bait? I pulled myself off my bed and opened the door. That damn redhead was standing there practically shaking with rage. "Dude, what the hell is wrong with you? Quit screaming at me, I'm not in the fucking mood." I tried to shut the door but he shoved his way into my room.

"What the hell did you do to Kya!?" I stepped back in surprise from his anger. Why is he all pissed about Kya? Did she say something to him?

"Kya? Nothing. We just had an argument, and I kinda pissed her off." I shrugged my shoulders and dropped down onto my bed again. I just want to be alone, why is he in here.

"Bro, you know she left crying right? What exactly did you do to piss her off?" Kiri sat down next me with a watered-down accusatory expression. Crying? I made her cry. Great, so that's why he's so pissed at me. Cuz I'm a prick that made my girlfriend cry. Ugh.

I threw my hands up in defeat and groaned. "I didn't do anything! We were arguing about how I don't know anything about her and how she's so secretive about her dad. It pissed me off. I just want to know who her dad is. Is that so bad?" I looked at Kiri and then out the window. I hated being so open, but that dumbass always brings it out of me.

I felt his hand rest on my shoulder and I immediately shot daggers at it. Why the fuck does he always have to touch me! "Bro, you've known her for what? Two weeks? Chill out dude. You'll meet her folks when the time is right, don't fuck up a potentially good thing just because you want things to go your way." After that Kiri stood up and walked to the door. Before he left he turned back and smiled at me. "She headed towards the gym, if you were wondering where she went. You should go join her."