13

《Kya's point of view》

I bounced impatiently in the passenger seat, nervous about how I was going to ask my dad. When we got home I walked through the front door and stopped in the doorway. I reached out and tugged on my dad's sleeve making him turn to face me. His eyes were gentle and his face was calm. Probably won't be like that for long. Welp, might as well get this over with. I watched as my dad raised his eyebrow and crossed his arms.

"Kya, is something on your mind?"

I rubbed my arm and looked at my dad's shoes. "Uh, yeah. I wanted to ask you something." I paused and waited for him to say something. He was silent. I pressed on. "So uh, I was kinda wondering.......could I maybe......ya know.......stay at the dorms with Tora?" I rushed out the last bit as a whisper and slowly looked up at my dad.

His face was calm but his eyes were calculating. He was definitely deep in thought and I couldn't tell if it was good or bad. He took in a slow deep breath and then pierced me with a look that froze my soul. "I will allow this, as long as you stay within class 1-A's dorm. If you leave for any reason, I will ground you till you're 80. Do you understand?" I nodded my head. "I'm only allowing this because I'm the one doing room checks tonight. When you come home tomorrow we can practice some hand-to-hand combat."

"But I won't be back tomorrow."

"Excuse me?" Both of his eyebrows shot into his hair line and his body went rigid. Fuck! Ok, backtrack. Backtrack hard!!!

"Uh, I just ment that I was planning on staying with Tora till Sunday afternoon. Is that ok?"

My dad just stood there, anger bubbling just below the surface, as he thought over my words. "There are no room checks done on Saturday night. It's the one night we let the students stay up past curfew. Because of that I want you to send me picture proof that you are with Tora on Saturday night."

"OK! I can totally do that!!. I'm gonna go pack and head back to the dorms!! Thanks dad!!" I gave him a quick hug and ran upstairs to pack. When I got to my room I texted Tora.

Kya: Hey Tora, I'm gonna come over for the weekend. Is that OK?

Tora: WHAT?!?!?! You're actually staying on campus!!! This is awesome!!!!

Kya: OK, cool. I'll see you soon!

When I was done texting Tora I packed my bag with clothes and bathroom supplies. After I was done I texted Bakugo.

Kya: Hey, my dad is letting me stay over with Tora for the weekend. I don't really know what your whole plan is, but I guess I'll see you soon.

Bakugo: Oh, you'll know soon enough. See you soon dew drop.

I blushed at his stupid nick name for me and gathered up my things. As I reached the base of the stairs my dad yelled at me to come in the kitchen. "Don't make me regret this Ky. I'm trusting you to make good choices, ok?" He pulled me into a tight hug and rested his chin on my head. "I love you kid. Please be safe so I don't have to stay up all night worrying about you."

"I'll be safe dad, don't worry."

"Good." He squeezed me tighter and kissed my forehead. "I'll miss you kiddo, but I hope you have fun." He let me go and shoved me lightly towards the door. "Now go, before I change my mind." I hurried out the door, waving and yelling goodbye.