SIXTEEN

NANCY HAD LIKED robin since the day they had gone to the library together during the whole vecna situation, she just hadn't realized it yet. the reason she made all those comments to robin about steve in the library was because she was jealous.

jealous because she thought that steve- her ex- got to have an amazing girlfriend. robin was kind, funny, caring, and absolutely beautiful. she hated that she was stuck in a loveless relationship with jonathan while robin and steve were supposedly happy together.

she told herself it was only her being jealous of their 'relationship'. and she convinced herself it was only that, especially after the jealousy went away the moment robin told her that she wasn't dating steve.

however, she noticed the day they were in the woods together that she liked robin. she tried to push her feelings down and work things out with jonathan. they decided it was best to break up, but stay friends.

nancy's feelings for robin only grew every time they hung out. nancy tried to distance herself from robin when she started dating vickie, due to not wanting to accidentally make a move and ruin her friendship.

she had to be careful with her words any time she talked to robin, especially after her and vickie split. she was giving robin time to heal, as steve had told her.

but now, robin was sitting in front of her and confessing her feelings. nancy was shocked, so shocked that she was speechless. but she was excited.

"i really like you, robin," nancy smiled. "why don't you let me take you on a date?"

"i would love for you to take me on a date," robin smiled back.

"okay," nancy giggled with the biggest smile on her face, "tomorrow?"

"tomorrow works for me"

"great!"

they went silent for a bit, just smiling at each other. eventually, they got back to talking about various topics, before turning the light off to go to sleep. nancy fell asleep first, but robin stayed awake. she was too busy texting steve about nancy.

robin:
STEVEEE

steve:
WHAT

robin:
GUESS WHAT

steve:
WHAT

robin:
I TOLD NANCY

steve:
ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS??

robin:
ABOUT MY FEELINGS!

steve:
OMG
ROBIN IM SO PROUD OF U
WHAT DID SHE SAY

robin:
SHES TAKING ME ON A DATE
TOMORROW

steve:
OMG??
I TOLD U

robin:
HOWD U EVEN KNOW

steve:
OK SO
NANCY MAY HAVE TOLD ME
A WHILE AGO

robin:
YOU DIDNT TELL ME?

steve:
NO SHE TOLD ME NOT TO
YOU KNOW I DON'T TELL SECRETS