SIX

WHEN ROBIN STEPPED out of the bathroom, the air in vickie's throat got stuck. she felt like someone had knocked all the air out of her lungs. robin looked amazing.

"you're staring," robin said, pulling vickie out of her thoughts.

"i know," vickie smiled, looking her up and down again. "i like what i see"

"me too," robin smiled, locking her eyes with vickie's. vickie moved towards her, keeping their eyes locked. she was about to kiss robin, but then..

"so...are we ready to go downstairs?" robin asked.

"oh...yeah sure," vickie said, taking a few steps back away from robin. robin smiled at her, and they both went downstairs. vickie didn't say anything to robin, as she was now a little mad at her. she was trying to kiss her, and robin shot her down.

"we're back!" robin announced as they turned the corner, entering the kitchen. argyle, steve, jonathan, and nancy were all standing around the kitchen island waiting for them.

"about time," steve joked, playfully rolling his eyes. "let's go swim!"

everyone went outside to the pool. steve did a cannonball into the pool, jonathan jumped off the diving board, argyle sat at one of the tables beside the pool, and the girls all climbed down the stairs into the pool.

while argyle rolled a blunt for them, they all swam around. they were mainly trying to get used to the pool's temperature, as it was a bit cold.

"sorry i didn't remind you to grab swim trunks, argyle," jonathan apologized as argyle finished rolling their blunt.

"it's all good, my dude. i will swim in my clothes"

"but then your clothes will be all wet," robin laughed, the alcohol clearly starting to kick in.

"i have a whole bunch of clothes in my van"

"then get in!" robin exclaimed. argyle grabbed the blunt and lighter and gave them to steve. then, he jumped in the pool.

steve lit it and took a hit while robin swam over to vickie, standing up next to her. steve eventually passed it to argyle, who passed it to jonathan, who passed it to nancy, who passed it to vickie. once vickie was done, she held it out to robin for her to take it.

"um, you cam just hand it back to steve. i don't want any"

"just one hit. it's fun!"

"i really don't want-"

"you need to loosen up. it isn't going to kill you or anything. just take a hit," vickie told her, her hand still outstretched.

robin looked over to the rest of the group, but nobody was paying attention. steve was talking to argyle, asking him where he got the 'incredible weed' from. jonathan and nancy were talking about something inaudible to robin's ears.

she looked down at the blunt again, feeling pressured. she didn't want to get high, but vickie wanted her to. and she didn't want to be a 'vibe killer', so she took the blunt from vickie's hands.

she nervously put it up to her lips before inhaling very harshly. she inhaled for a few seconds before she started coughing smoke from her lungs. she was coughing so much that everyone went silent and looked at her.