SEVEN

NANCY IMMEDIATELY RUSHED over to robin, concerned. nancy wasn't really sure on what to do- her and robin really weren't close. they were friends- that was established during their walk in the woods months before- but they hadn't talked much after their vecna fight.

nancy kneeled next to robin. "robin, what's wrong? are you okay?"

robin only cried harder, and nancy could feel her heart break into a million pieces. it didn't matter if they weren't close; robin's her friend. and seeing robin sitting here in the dark sobbing made nancy sad.

"hey, talk to me," nancy whispered, carefully putting a hand on robin's shoulder for comfort. robin shook her head, still crying. "you dont wanna talk? that's okay. do you need anything? do you want me to leave you alone?"

"no, stay," robin whispered back, slowly starting to calm down. nancy nodded and sat on the ground, keeping her hand on robin's shoulder.

it took a while, but nancy was able to get robin to stop crying. they both sat in the dark in silence. neither person knew what to say.

"why'd you leave the group?" robin asked, lifting her head to make eye contact with nancy.

"well you hadn't come back so i was just going to make sure you were okay," nancy explained. "i didn't want you to be like throwing up somewhere by yourself or something"

"oh...." robin trailed off, looking at the ground. "you didn't have to leave for me"

"i was worried about you," nancy admitted. "you just looked like....sad"

"yeah....."

"you don't have to tell me what happened but.... are you okay?"

robin sighed. "yeah, i was just being overdramatic"

"i'm sure you weren't"

"i was. i was in here crying just because i smoked some weed and it reminded me of the russians and everything. it's silly"

"why did it remind you of the russians?"

"well, they drugged us. me and steve. they were wanting information from us, and we weren't giving them the 'right' answers. so they would hit us and eventually they drugged us. but we thought we were going to die. and when we escaped- or thought we had, at least- me and steve threw up in the bathroom. and then he told me he liked me and i just ended up coming out to him and that was fine but it was so terrifying and i guess just all of those memories just came flooding back when i was high and it just sucked," robin rambled, not even listening to the words coming out of her mouth.

"wait what do you mean you came out to steve?" nancy asked, causing robin to go silent. she did not mean to say that. "like....you're gay?"

"oh.....um....yeah," robin replied nervously, and she felt her heart start beating faster.

"oh....cool," nancy said, giving her a smile. "i think my brother's gay"

"really? i thought the one with the bowl cut was the gay one"

"oh, will? yeah, he is definitely. but i think mike is too"