Paper Hearts || Our Incomplete Story - Part 5

Vegas : 18 yrs old
Pete : 16 yrs old

Pete has been trying to reach Vegas eversince the older left the library earlier today. But to no luck, Vegas was not picking up. Now there are 2 possibilities.

1 : Vegas's phone battery drained out ( which seems impossible since it did not went into mailbox straight away )

And there's only one possibility left and that is...

2 : Vegas is ignoring him.

Pete cursed under his breath when he failed reaching Vegas for the upteenth time.

' I swear once I see you, I'll kill you Vegas.' Pete bite his bottom lips and sat down on the pavement.

Right he is in the middle of the road, sitting on a pavement waiting for Vegas to pick up his call.

The last time Vegas went into hiding from him was ages back. When Pete caught Vegas was being abused by Kan. But Pete managed to handle the situation back then. Though he had to admit that he played dirty by avoiding Vegas too.

And Pete knew damn well he could do the same too right now. Pete could ignore Vegas, not going back home and wandering somewhere else. Vegas would sure come running to find him.

However Pete is not going to resort to that. Yet! What Vegas needs right now is assurance. But Vegas was too dumb too realize, as much as he is wrapped around Pete's fingers, the older had the younger wrapped around his as well.

Pete smile remembering those moments he shared with Vegas.

Action speaks louder than words.

He had to agree and pride huffed his chest knowing full well how Vegas felt towards him though the older has not once talked about it openly.

Pete once again scrolled through his contact on his phone. Dialling Vegas' number , waiting patiently for the older to pick up.

"What ?" Fucking finally ! The voice was sharp. Void of any emotions. Cold and stoic.

"Damn Vegas... I've been trying to reach you since forever." Pete complained but could not hide how relieved he felt that Vegas finally answered.

"What do you want Pete ?" Vegas asked. Monotone.

"You." Pete had been a little bit too direct. But enough of hide and seek. Enough of dropping subtle hints.

Pete answer made Vegas went silence. His heart clenches at thought of Pete wanting him and his mind couldn't help but drifting off, wondering in what ways do Pete want him ?

Silence enveloped them before Pete starts speaking again "Vegas... Let's..."

Pete could not finish his sentence when he felt his mouth was covered with a cloth and a pungent smell that comes along with it. Unconciously his phone dropped down to the ground.

He made a muffled voice, struggling from the person who had him on a chokehold from the back.

Pete tried to used whatever self - defense method he had learnt before with Vegas but was off no use. Whoever it was behind him, had gripped him tightly that it took him a lot of energy to move.

The smell wasn't helping either and slowly his head turned dizzy. His visions blurred before everything went black and the last thing he uttered was 'Vegas...'

🖤💙

"Peteee ! Peteeee !!!" Vegas was screaming through the phone. He heard Pete's muffled voice. He heard Pete's cries of struggles but he was nowhere close to Pete.