My Heart Chose You

"Ai Peteee, you can't leave me !" Tankhun cried, looking at Pete who took off his Major Family badge.

The badge that Pete has been wearing all this time while performing his duty truthfully. The badge that make him proud. The identity that made him think this is who he is. Major's Family Head Bodyguard.

Pete draws a slight smile. Eyes teary as he placed the badge on the table. Looking at Khun Korn he bowed his body. Seeking for understanding from the man he respected the most and when Khun Korn nodded at him he felt relieved. He did not betray the major family. He stayed with them till the end of the fight.

Kinn expression wasn't what Pete expected. He seemed reluctant to accept the fact that Pete was quitting. His most trusted bodyguard. The only person he knew he could rely on besides Porsche. And what's more irritating is that Pete qutting because of the devil. But Kinn doesn't have any right to stop Pete. It is what Pete wants and he is free to choose whoever he wants to be with.

"Thank you for your kindness all this time. I quit." Pete bent his body 90 degrees again but this time to the whole room before slowly stepping back and turning towards the door.

He could still hear Tankhun screaming, calling his name. He would lie if he said he wasn't sad at all. After all, Major Family was where he grew up. He learned how to fight and survived. He put his life on the line to protect and stayed loyal to them. But he can't deny his heart anymore.

Tears rolled down his cheeks and he ran out of the room to find Vegas. He recognized the look that Vegas had before he stormed out of the room. All Pete could pray was Vegas is not going to act stupid.

When he found Vegas by the poolside, Vegas was ready to take his own life. The gun was pointed right beneath his jaw. Pete felt a buzz around him before he shouted out Vegas name.

"Have you gone crazy Vegas ?" Pete screamed. Taking one step closer to him. Their distance is still further apart and Pete dare not run closer to Vegas, afraid that he will suddenly press the trigger although all his heart desire is to stay close to him. To hug him and tell him everything will be alright.

"I am crazy Pete. I have nothing left anymore." Vegas said sounded dejected. He lowered his gun closing his eyes. His father is dead. Killed right infront of his eyes. Kan was never a good father to him or Macau. Kan's death means he is finally free. But that also means he would never get to see approval from Kan.

"I'm here Vegas. I'm here." Pete steps closer. Placing his hand on Vegas shoulder before being pushed away.

"Why are you here Pete ?" Vegas look pathetic enough and he doesn't need sympathy from anyone.

"I've got nothing left anymore." He repeated again and began walking away. But Pete doesn't seem to understand him because right after that he felt a warm touch engulfing him form the back.

He wriggled a little bit asking Pete to leave again but when Pete held him tighter, Vegas lose himself. Tears rolled down his cheeks and he's sobbing. His body dropped slowly on the ground with Pete still clutching on his back.

The atmosphere felt heavy. Only Vegas sobbing was heard and Pete couldn't stop himself but cried too. Vegas sounded so broken. Trapped in a despair with no one to save him. And he kept repeating the same thing again and again.

He has nothing left anymore !

"Stop saying you have nothing left Vegas !" Pete's voice got one octave higher. Vegas wriggled himself again and got away from Pete. Immediately he felt cold again.

"I'm still here and... I'm hungry." Pete broke into tears again.

"Are you so hungry ? Can't anyone else take you to eat ?" Vegas was clearly pushing Pete away and that got Pete irritated.