Paper Hearts || Our Incomplete Story - Part 4

Vegas : 17 yrs old
Pete :  15 yrs old

Pete made sure he was careful enough while cleaning the deep - cut bruises on Vegas back but yet he still heard Vegas hisses in pain once in a while.

Looking at Vegas like this, it really breaks his heart. Those fresh wounds, blood trickling, and most importantly Gun's harsh comments on Vegas. This isn't the first time Pete witnessed Vegas being abused by Gun. This isn't the first time Pete helped Vegas everytime Gun beat the shit out of him but still it breaks him.

It breaks Pete to know that Vegas is somewhat suffering in silence.
It breaks Pete to know that Vegas never really get to enjoy his childhood like any other kids did.

He never understood any of this before. Pete still remember the day he asked his mother, why do Khun Gun always scolds and hits Vegas ?

Only to be replied with ' Khun Gun is teaching Vegas.'

But it made Pete wonder. Both his parents taught him a lot. However, it was never the same way as Gun did. The first time Pete witnessed Vegas withering in pain, Pete ran to help Vegas but Vegas lock him out.

Not only that Vegas stopped talking to him and shut him out for one week. Pete was not going to accept all of Vegas beahaviour on him. Vegas is his friend and friends don't shut each other out. So instead of begging, Pete played a reverse pyschology on Vegas knowing how soft Vegas is on him.

Pete ignored Vegas.
Pete avoided Vegas.

Whenever Vegas came close to him, he ran away.

Pete did not have breakfast and luch together with Vegas although that was their routine.

Vegas was utterly irritated and so one night, Vegas knocked on Pete's house asking him why.

They managed to talk it out. Pete told Vegas how dissapointed he was but mostly how sad he felt when Vegas had to go through the pain alone, thinking there's no one by his side when Pete, was actually there !

Ever since that day, both of them grew closer - not that they were not close before, just that maybe with a newly founded feelings in Vegas.

"All done." Pete said with a smile as he finished wrapping Vegas body with a bandage.

"Thank you."  Was only what Vegas uttered.

The corners of Pete mouth rose a little bit. He caresses the back of  Vegas head.

"You want to talk about it Phi ?" Pete asks carefully knowing full well how sensitive is this topic to Vegas.

"You heard everything right ?" Vegas wondered couldn't he be pathetic enough ?

Judging from Vegas's voice, Pete know what is going through Vegas head right now. Pete did not replied anything but instead he cleared of the first aid kit on the bed and placed it carefully on the side table.

He took a pillow and lie down right beside Vegas, facing the ceiling.

"I only heard from your father's point of view Phi Vegas. I did not hear anything from you." Pete was right.

All he heard was Gun saying ;

"Spoiled brat"
"Good for nothing son"
"You will never be able to beat Kinn"

"What difference will it make Pete ? Isn't it the same ?" Vegas voice laced with hurt.

"It's not same Phi Vegas. Your father thought highly of himself when the fact is, he couldn't get things done the exact way he wants it. And so, when he finds mistakes in you, he vent it all out." Vegas was hit with realization.