𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

𝑹𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆'𝒔 𝑷𝒐𝒗:

I couldn't stop thinking about him, I couldn't put my finger on it. He seemed so alluring and I just couldn't get him out of my head however the only thing even slightly distracting me from him recently was the new women in town.

Even I had heard of her from granny, her name was Emma and apparently she was not a fan of the mayor. And the mayor hated her, not that it took much for the mayor to hate you. Whatever that drama is, I wasn't interested until that drama started interfering with my work.

The mayor had been more bitchy due to Emma being around and had began to snap easier which meant that if she was having a bad day. I was too. I sigh to myself as I continue to remove the perfect juicy red apples from the mayor's tree's. I begin to hum a soft lullaby to myself as I eventually zone out, I have no idea where I had heard the lullaby but it always played in my mind. All I could remember was sitting comfortably, engulfed in warmth, one of life's many mysteries.

I snap out of my trance as I hear the door open to the greenhouse and softly close. I turn around to see a small boy, the mayor's son Henry. As I walk towards him, my eyes scan for the mayor secretly hoping she's not with him. He smiles at me as I walk over.

"Hello Henry, is there something I can help you with?" He softly smiles and places his book down as he sits on one of the stools sadly. His unform slightly out of place, probably from running.

"I know I shouldn't be here I'm sorry I'm just hiding from my mom right now, she's trying to keep me from my real mom" He says looking down at his shoes, fiddling with his hands as if he was in trouble.

'He looks so stressed, poor kid' I sigh and kneel down next to him.

"Hey its okay sweetheart, you can stay here for a while and then I'll unfortunately have to take you home okay ?" I say gently rubbing his back soothingly.

"Okay..." He says sadly, I smile at him as an idea pops into my head.

"Hey while you're here, you wanna help me prepare the apples ?" I say holding out my hand.

He smiles and nods quickly taking my hand and we head off, as we finished picking the apples we started washing them.

Henry had been detailing all the issues that were going on with his mom's and how it was making him feel. I'm not exactly good with kids but I tried to comfort him as much as I could.

He then started on his book and how he had believed everyone here was a character from it, stuck in this town forever.

"Well if you believe we are all character's who am I ?" I say curiously and he looks at me. He remains silent and looks back down.

"You're not ready to know just yet, but I promise when Emma breaks the curse. You'll know" I look at him and notice no hint of the young boy joking in any way. I softly smile, washing my hands.

"Well let's all hope she breaks that curse and saves us!" I say trying to make him happy. A lot of the towns people had heard of his 'outrageous' stories and believed he was a troubled young man. I chose to except Henry's stories, he was only a kid and this book was important to him and its important that a child such as Henry has an imagination.

Henry washes his hands and helps me put the apples in boxes ready to be taken to the mayor, I looked up at the time and sigh.

"It's time for you to go home Henry, I'll come with you don't worry." I say grabbing my coat and keys, I grab a box of apples and Henry sadly smiles while heading to my car. The car ride was silent as Henry was happily reading through his book.

As I approach the mayor's house I feel a shiver run down my spine, I park outside grabbing the box of apples from the back of the car and heading towards the door. Henry's hand in mine, I knock on the door taking a deep breath and feeling Henry's hand tense in mine.

The door swings open to see a very irritated looking mayor. Her eyes scan me and snap towards Henry before rushing to him with a massive hug.

"Oh Henry! Where were you?! Mary Margaret had not seen you all day!! You were supposed to be in school!!" She says snapping at the boy as he holds his head down towards his feet, he rushes past her and runs up the stairs not saying a word.

I feel my stomach turn as her eyes snap back to me before putting on her signature fake smile.

"Thank you for bringing him back, he's such a struggle nowadays since his birth mother showed up, she's getting on my nerves" she grumbles to herself.

"It's really no problem, he spent some time helping me out in the gardens. Don't worry he's clean I made sure he didn't get any soil on his uniform. Also I brought your apples with me, they're perfectly cut and washed per your request" I say handing her over the boxes.

She grabs them and smiles looking into the box, she turns to me and looks me up and down before walking back inside.

"Well again thank you Rosette. Have a lovely evening" she says slamming the door in my face, I sigh to myself and begin walking to my car.

Authors Note🌼

Hiya guys sorry for the amount of time this took to post, I have been struggling a lot recently with the loss of my family member and I am now trying to get back into my routine! Happy reading my lovlies 🌼