𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓮𝓷

𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯:

I awoke from my slumber, surprisingly feeling a lot more rested than usual.

'Wait how did I get here?' I think to myself, looking out at the window I see a cool frost cover it. I climb out of bed feeling the cold wooden floors beneath my feet making a shiver run up my spine, walking towards the window my eyes widen.

"It's snowing!" I say out loud excitedly, I know it's childish but I've always loved the snow it was always a beautiful thing to me. Cuddling close to the fire with a book and some tea was something I used to do before my world got turned upside down.

Amongst my thought I hear a gentle knock at the door. I turn and slowly walk over. I open the door peaking my head out to see rumple stood with a warm black cloak wrapped around him, he bows giving me his signature grin.

"Want to come for a stroll with me dearie I think it'd be best to get you out for some...fresh air" He hesitates. I smile brightly nodding.

"Wait what about my chores?" I say my smile soon fading, he chuckles.

"The house was fine for a couple years before you arrived, I think it will be okay for one day" He says waving his fingers quickly dressing me in a long dark green dress with boots and a white fur cloak. I look down admiring the fur of the cloak.

'This must be very expensive' I think to myself, I follow rumple down the stairs of the hall.

"So may I ask why you invited me on this walk?" I ask watching his face flush a slight pink at my light teasing.

"I just thought you'd like to see the snow..that's all" He says looking away as he pushes the door open, stepping aside to let me go first. I am immediately blinded by how light the snow is, it covers the trees making the branches droop to make a perfect little hideaway.

The ground is covered in perfect white snow shimmering in the light. I immediately run towards the snow grasping a handful of snow feeling the cold shiver it sends immediately up my spine. I throw the snow in the air watching it fall apart and lightly hit the floor covering me as it does so. I giggle to myself and hear a soft chuckle behind me.

I turn to see rumple sat on his the stairway to his house with his head in his hands, carefully watching me. I light smile on his face.

'His smile..looks so genuine' I think to myself before looking back down at the snow surrounding me. I chuckle evilly as an idea pops into my head, I slowly walk under the tree, surrounded by the crystallised droplets of water atop of the braches. The light shining through reflecting an array of colours.

"Beautiful..." I say to myself getting lost in its wonder, my head is bought back to reality by rumple shouting.

"Hey Rosette, where did you go love?" I chuckle immediately hiding behind the tree, watching his shadowed figure walk past it. I pick some snow up quickly making a snowball with my frozen hands, carefully coming out from my hiding spot I sneak up on rumple. I suddenly gently throw a snowball right at his back watching him jump. He slowly turns behind him a smirk on his face, my face drops as his hands reach out of his cloak revealing a snowball of his own.

"W-wait no!" I attempt to turn around and run when I'm hit by a snowball. I laugh and watch his chuckle, we continue our snowball competition, laughing, smiling. Something I hadn't done in a long time and I'm guessing he hadn't either.

As I attempt to run, rumple appears behind me out of thin air quickly grasping my arms. Smirking victoriously.

"I win love"

I giggle looking up at him. His skin paler than usual.

'It must be the cold' I think to myself. I maintain eye contact feeling his hands slowly drift down to mine holding them in his, his hands were oddly warm compared to mine.

"Dearie you're freezing" He says slowly me back inside while cussing at me for not telling him sooner. I walk into the house removing my dark cloak and sitting down to the already lit fire.

'Rumple must've used magic' I think to myself reaching out to warm my hands, I hear rumple come into the room with two tea cups.

"Would you like some tea?" He says placing a cup down next to me. I reach it and take a sip the immediate scent of camomile.

"T-Thank you but you don't have to serve me tea. I would've made s-"

I'm cut of by Rumple's chuckle before he sits next me.

"It's your day off, live a little" He says chuckling at me before taking a sip of his own tea. We sit in comfortable silence just leaving each other to our thoughts for what seemed like hours.

"Hey...thank you by the way for b-bringing me to my room" I say blushing, playing around with the now empty tea cup.

"It's no problem, like I said a true gentleman never ignores a lady in distress" he says giggling jokingly.

I chuckle looking down at my hands clasped together.

"Also sorry for falling asleep on you..." I say blushing profusely.

He only chuckles putting a hand atop of line grasping it gently.

"Hey like you said we're friends and well I've never really had any before y'know my history speaks for myself. But you intrigue me dearie and so I guess we are......friends"