𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮

𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯:

*I lay on  the ground covered in wounds unable to move as I watch helplessly as Arthur and his right hand men slaughters every man, women and child in the village. Unable to move,scream or cry. I am forced to just watch and listen, my senses going crazy as all that runs through my mind is how helpless I feel. I see fire, the smell of smoke making my lungs set ablaze. I begin losing hope feeling everything I know fade away. Then silence as Arthur approaches me, a grin of victory running all over his smug face. Standing above me.

"Got you" He says lifting his sword in the air, I let out a final scream before it all goes black*

I awake covered in sweat, my chest heavily heaving as I look around my surrounding. I feel a wave of relief as I see me room.

"I'm safe it was just a nightmare" I whisper to myself, I lay back down attempting to fall back asleep but to no avail. I get up, putting on my soft white silk robe and head to the window. I open up the curtains to see it still dark out, I sigh to myself. I head to my nightstand picking up my book before quietly exiting my room.

I head downstairs to see the fire still lit in the dining hall. I walk over and sit down infront of the fire feeling a sense of calm at the warmth the fire provides. I shovel some more firewood and sit back sighing contently, I begin to read my book fettling lost in the pages amongst it.

"What are you doing up at this time dearie" I jump looking around to see rumple in the doorway looking at me curiously.

"You frightened me!" I say quickly putting a hand on my heart breathing in and out trying to calm myself.

"Ah yes I apologise, I guess what they say is true. Never sneek up on a lady" He says walking up to me.

"Answer my question, what are you doing up at this time?" He says crouching down to look me in the eyes.

"I-I had a nightmare and couldn't sleep that's all..." I say looking away embarrassed.

'I must sound so childish" I think myself as my blush deepens.

"Ah yes well I'm sorry about that. Shame nightmares, I'm not plagued by them" He says getting up and sitting at his chair, turning it to look at me. It was silent but not awkward almost comfortable.

"H-how come you don't get nightmares ?" I say quietly. His eyes darken and he looks and me with a soft but evil smile.

"Nightmares are supposed to scare you Dearie, I'm not afraid of anything" He chuckles intertwining his hands as looks lost in thought.

"You must be afraid of something I mean everybody is" I say looking over at him before turning to look down at my book. After a moment I hear gentle footsteps walk towards me, surprisingly he settles down next to me.

"And what might you be afraid of love?"
My eyes perk up at the new nickname, I blush fiddling around with the corners of my book.

"I guess I'm afraid of...ending up alone" I look down at my hands, glancing over at him briefly watching as he nods looking at the fire deep in thought. His eyes snap back to me and our eyes lock, we both hold each others gaze. I almost get lost in it. I look away again and down to my book, gently leans over looking at the details of the book.

"You like to read?" I nod softly smiling.

"Although I mainly like to read about plants. I would love to have my own greenhouse one day, I could grow herbs and medicines..." I ramble on as rumple just sits there silently nodding every now and then.

"Do you like to read" I say looking at him noticing a small pink dust his cheeks, I had only now noticed how close we were.

"Yes" He says quietly looking at me. I feel my eyelids starting to get heavy as I gently lean on rumples shoulder for support. I feel him tense under my touch but slowly relax after a moment.

"What kind of books do you like to read" I say wrapping my arm around his to become more comfortable, yawning as I do.

"Hmmm let me see.." He begins talking as my eyes slowly close.

"Thank you" I say quietly, he stops talking looking down at me laying on his shoulder before muttering a quiet.

"What?" He says

"For keeping me company..." I say yawning before giving a small peck on the cheek. Never opening my eyes as I feel fatigue wash over my body, half asleep I feel a soft hand stroke my hair before completing falling asleep.

𝐑𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯:

'Did she just...' I think to myself feeling my face flush red.

'What is wrong with me' I think to myself. Disappointed in myself for allowing myself to feel such emotions. I'm the Dark One for gods sake I don't get the girl!.

I look down at Rosettes sleeping frame, I remove the book from her hands before lifting her up gently as to not stir her awake. I walk her to her room before placing her down on the bed wrapping the blanket around her. I look at her sleeping face.

'So innocent but so...beautiful. No! What am I doing?!' I rush out of her room quietly closing the door, heading straight to my study. I sit myself down.

"She's going to be the death of me..." I whisper to myself caressing my temple.

🌼Authors Note🌼
Hey guys I know not a lot has happened between these two in this book just yet but this is going to be taking a step into the more romantic side of the story so if anyone has any good ideas they want to see incorporated in this book or feedback they'd like to give, feel free! Anyway happy reading lovelies 🌼