A Present From The Gods

As you lay on your bed, the weight of the long, draining day settles upon your shoulders. You live alone in a small, dimly lit apartment, and lately, life has felt like an endless, exhausting cycle. The world outside your window seems distant, and the daily grind has left you weary. 

In the quiet moments before sleep claims you, your mind drifts into contemplation. Thoughts of modern life, with its relentless pace and ceaseless demands, fill your mind. You wonder if true happiness is possible within this relentless treadmill, where time slips through your fingers like grains of sand. The pursuit of success, the chase for more, and the constant noise of notifications and expectations seem to have woven a complex web that keeps you trapped. It's as if happiness is an elusive butterfly, always fluttering just out of reach.

You sigh. Another day managed, another similar day ahead. 

But unbeknownst to you, this time sleep would be different. As your breathing steadies and your thoughts begin to drift into the realm of dreams, an unexpected sensation washes over you. It feels as though you are being gently pulled away from your apartment, from the world you know, and into something entirely new but not completely unfamiliar.

The nothingness of sleep changes. Beams of light and dancing colors. Sounds that are unfamiliar to you. A warmth spreading over one part of your body. Voices approaching.You open your eyes to find yourself laying next to a fire under the clear night sky.

"Though looks can be misleading, she doesn't seem like a threat to me.", you hear a friendly deep male voice.

"She is obviously not armed, maybe another victim of a vettel or some other creature in these woods?", you hear a female voice.

Your eyes slowly get used to the light, but as you are about to gasp at the realisation of your whereabouts, your upper body suddenly gets pulled up and the cold steel of a dagger presses against your throat.

"Better to be save than to be sorry.", a new voice behind you says before adressing you directly."Tell us sweatheart, what might bring you into our camp at this ungodly hour?"

"What the...", you press out between your clenched teeth. You know where you are, you have seen the people around the fire many times. In your world they were nothing but fiction, part of a game you enjoyed playing, here they are more.Utter confusion befalls you.

"You...you are not real...nothing here is real.", you whisper.

You notice worried looks from Halsin and Shadowheart, the dagger gets removed from your throat.

"Well it's settled. Looks like she simply took a long and unguided tour through the labyrinth of lunacy. Haven't you sweatheart? Could be dangerous, could be fun.", Astarions eyes glimmer.

"Another cruel destiny bestoved by the gods perhaps?", Shadowheart looks at you, as though searching for a sign of devine energy.

"How is that possible, how...",your eyes wander over your own body. You are naked. "I'm...i'm naked..."

"Yes you are darling, but don't worry. I've seen worse. You look...rather pleasant.", Astarion proclaims.

Had you noticed sooner, he was the one holding a dagger to your throat, you may have found that moment more enjoyable. You had pictured it before, him towering over you...you try to force that thought out of your head and to concentrate on what's important.

"Can someone give me something to cover myself? Alternatively you could all get naked so it's at least fair.", your mouth forms a faint smile.

Your attemp at a joke, to make an akward situation more bearable, is at least partly successfull. Halsin, the tall muscular druid laughs heartily.