hospital gossip

A/N: me vs. making han hit his head in my minsung aus so he has a melodramatic hospital scene with minho.

I was left wondering if I had been Besties For Lyfe with Seo Changbin because we had the same anger issues. How did I punch his fake boyfriend in the face and he punched my uh-  I meant, Lee Minho?

Then I looked back at all the time Changbin and I had spent together and not even once was he actually the one getting physically aggressive. Passive aggressive at best actually.

Yeonjun and Wooyoung being his friends was what pissed me off so bad. They had the worst influence on him.

But that shouldn't be my concern, right? Changbin and I weren't friends anymore.

"Yo, Han, I can touch my tongue with my nose."

Damn, that's sick!

Wait.

What?

"Don't you mean your nose with your tongue?"

The people at the hospital thought it was a good idea to make Lee Minho and I become roommates. Well, not really roommates, just until his legal guardians picked him up. I however was going to stay another day.
When my parents showed up at the hospital after I made it very clear that I had a big fat concussion, I knew what would expect me at home. Especially because this hospital trip would make me miss my appointment with my therapist.

The guy next to me shook his head,"If I had meant that, I would have said it. Duh." Looking at the bruise on his face I winced. Didn't want to imagine what it felt like being punched by Changbin.

Or maybe I did.

For science purposes. I did however feel like I would enjoy being put in a headlock of those arms even more.

Maybe I should ask once he becomes normal again.

"By the way, I talked to Felix because of the thing with him, me, Kim Seungmin," he scrunched his nose as if saying his mere name was disgusting enough – to him it probably was,"and this Bang Chan guy that fired me today."

I slowly nodded, not really following him.

"He rejected Seungmin."

Oh damn.

The tea was boiling hot! How did Felix go from wanting nothing more than to spend time with Seungmin to rejecting him? It also made me sad, I didn't mean to cut off Felix completely but we were barely even friends as it was and he was closer to Changbin than me. Not to mention they were neighbours and all.

Could I stop thinking about Changbin for one damn second? He got us (actually only me, Minho just tagged along) to the hospital safe and then left because Yeonjun called. Really hated that guy. If I saw him on the street I would throw punches left and right.

I didn't care if he was two heads taller than me.

When I didn't say anything, Minho sat down at the other end of the bed I was lying in. If his legs weren't on top of the blanket they would stick very closely to mine. At the thought of that my heart jumped a little. No, I definitely did not fantasize about having our legs entangled.

Not at all.

"He said Seungmin was a red flag. If he really wanted him he would talk and not play around or something like that." The brown haired guy looked up to the ceiling and started following the fly that got in through the window with his eyes.

Something in his tone told me that he wasn't too convinced about this theory. It sounded more like he was mocking Felix and for some reason that made me feel... bad. Just bad.

Maybe if boys stopped making me feel bad we would find world peace!

"Well, did you like Seungmin?" The question was burning on my tongue for a long time now. When he mentioned that the breakup was not mutual, I knew something was smelling fishy and it wasn't the kimbap I had for breakfast.

"I did. I loved him, really and I thought he did too." He looked in front of him, now no longer following the fly as it went out the door, on to new adventures.

"We were going to move to Australia so that we could get married. I was wondering why it had to be Australia but then I found out." The sad smile on his face stabbed daggers into my heart. So he actually loved him.

Was this how Changbin had felt all along? I felt like shit. My head started pounding again, I should probably call a nurse.

Wait. Australia?

Hyunjin.

Hyunjin loved Australia. When Felix first appeared at our school, the annoying idiot didn't want to leave his side and asked questions without leaving any room for misinformation ("Okay so, do you have pet spiders in your bathrooms, because on Reddit-" "No. No, we don't. Can I eat my lunch now?" "Yeah, sure... Just one more question!").

I flinched when I felt his hand massage my leg over the blanket. Minho didn't seem to notice that I had been too lost in my own thoughts to really keep up with the story. Or he didn't care and was very much aware of the fact that even if I didn't have a concussion I wouldn't have been able to follow his words.

"But that has changed, you know? For a long time I thought I wouldn't get over it but I did and it was all because of you, Jisung."

Jisung. He called me Jisung.

"When we first met I didn't think much of you-" "Why, thank you." "-but whenever we were talking or just in each other's presence, I felt something I haven't felt for anyone else."

"Then why did you -"

"It's true. Hyunjin did dare me to kiss someone but that wasn't you. It was Seungmin."

"But Hyunjin is madly in love with the guy, why would he do that?"

"No wonder you get great marks. It's a longer story but that's not what matters right now."

Minho looked me straight into my eyes as he climbed off my bed and took my hands in his once he was seated on the chair.

"I like you, Han Jisung. A lot."