no such thing

"C'mon, Hanji! Felix won't see us from here."

You might be wondering why Jeongin and I were standing in front of Changbin's door at 7pm. You weren't alone, I too was wondering why. Out of all the things we could have done – like, studying for example – this kid really wanted to get answers out of my ex best friend.

Yes, ex best friend! I didn't care if it was childish. He broke my heart and shattered it in the same breath. My therapist said that it was good to draw thick lines between the present and the past. Apparently differentiating was part of getting over trauma and all. Whatever, I only went because of my parents anyway.

My problem right now was that Felix told us about the hot goss revolving around Seungmin and Changbin and he was Changbin's neighbour, so he might spot us. If he did, he would definitely suck up all our vitamin D so he could shine even brighter while we suffered from sun deprivation. Or maybe he would just chop some D. Both equally as bad. One however more painful.

"Yang, you better be right because if he did, he would lynch us right then and there," I added as a possible third option. Somehow it made me realise just how violent our sunshine could be.

Cruel world.

"Shut up, we're ringing his doorbell now." "We? That's all yo-"

Before I could finish my sentence however, a sleepy Changbin opened the door for us. With a drowsy look on his face, he seemed even more adorable. I did miss him. A lot.

But who was I to admit just that? Pfft.

"Hannie?" The older's voice was raspy. Whatever deep nap he took, I longed to take one of those as well.

"Hey, Changb-" See, I was going to finish my sentence but this time Changbin choked me to death with his thick arms wrapped around my upper body.

A couple months ago, I would have screamed over this. But now I was a changed man with a hot boyfriend and not the aggressive guy with the biggest crush on Seo Changbin. Still couldn't deny that he was a great hugger.

"Sungie. I am so sorry." And I didn't know he could squeeze me any harder but apparently he could and he did.

Very much so.

Jeongin was standing there like the third wheel he was, before suddenly stretching and whistling away.

"Not to worry you, Jisung, but Felix is stomping our way." With that, I grabbed him while Changbin dragged us inside.

"I told you, you idiot. He would sense we fell for his gossip!" My plan of hiding was shattered as Changbin let go of me because the doorbell rang.

The older went to the door just to shout, "Nobody home!" which Felix did not buy (obviously). He seemed very different since the last time I actually talked to him. The day he punched my boyfriend to the hospital, remember? Yeah, the good old days. Couldn't even grasp how far Minho and I had come in our relationship but we were just that powerful of a couple. The cutest too. Man, I really loved Minho. Wonder what he was doing right now. This cutie patootie.

Wait.

Changbin. Right.

He appeared to have changed once again but it felt like he was the Changbin I fell in love with back then. My best friend. And even if I have moved on, part of me did not want to throw away years of friendship over a boy.

Or two.

Honestly, couldn't tell if Hyunjin, ew, was still part of our problem.

When the knocking didn't stop, Jeongin opened the door, despite Changbin trying to keep him from doing so. He didn't even know why his neighbour was so mad.

"Thanks, Jeongin. I will kill you last!" The Aussie was very red as he tried to suppress his anger as much as he could ( – he really couldn't at all).

Suddenly we found ourselves seated in Changbin's living room with the great chandelier. I had missed being here. It felt like home – unlike my actual home.

"So. What caused your late night visit?" My ex best friend had set the table with complimentary beverages to the snacks. If being a good host was a subject, Changbin would ace it. I wouldn't. I didn't even want people in my home to begin with.

Before Felix or I could say anything, the youngest of this strangely assembled group spoke up. "Did you really punch Kim Seungmin?"

In the years of being friends with Changbin, I had never seen him spit out his tea. However, it would apparently be another thing he excelled at. I could vouch for him. His spit was in my face after hearing that.

He sat there wide eyed, everyone waiting for an answer before he burst out into laughter. "No, wait- What? I hurt Kim Seungmin? You must think I have some sort of death wish. Also, Seungmin and I are good friends. Who told you that?"

Without a word, we both agreed on ratting out Felix silently with a disrespectful move of pointing our index finger at him.

So it wasn't true. Good. Seems like he had changed for the better again.

"He-HEY! I just told them what I heard from school grounds. You basically ghosted me for a week now, I had to get my updates somewhere." My birthday twin raised his hands in a defensive demeanor. Made sense. He was usually the one who was the topic of the hot gossip but since cutting all ties with Seungmin, he turned the tables.

Although, he had always just been nosy.

"No, eh- There's no such thing. I just got into some trouble with Yeonjun and Wooyoung. It was time for us to go our separate ways. But-" Changbin set the cup down for suspense even though he already had us at the edge of our seats,"Hyunjin and I are actually dating now. We met up and talked about our relationship. It was honestly very hard but we're trying to make it work. And honestly, I feel like it's going well as of now."

That I did not expect. It was literally the opposite of what Felix had told us. Our jaws were now practically glued to the floor upon hearing this load of information.

"And Minho knows. I met up with him a few weeks ago so we could talk about that one time I punched him in his face. Wasn't my best moment."

He lifted his ambrosial arm to scratch his neck when I felt tears swell in my eyes. They were happy tears! I didn't think much about Minho not telling me about this since he liked to keep a couple things to himself but it was probably also not something he particularly wanted to bother me with.

What I was crying about was the fact that I could potentially have my best friend back and that was how I ended up falling into his arms. Sobbing like a little boy who just watched his one scoop of ice cream meet the ground in slow motion.

"I really missed you, Binnie." "Me too, Sungie."

--

hi, how is everyone? :)