changbin and hyunjin

a/n: this chapter starts a bit before changbin catches jisung and minho in the infirmary. so way back to the first chapter. but this time in changbin's pov ! enjoy.

---

Today was the day. I was going to confess to Han Jisung. My best friend and my very first love. After these past few days I was sure he felt the same way. Lightly brushing of hands, hugging each other for a bit longer than friends would usually last and lastly, always being close to kissing each other.

When it first happened at the soccer court, I didn't really think much of it but then it happened again. When we were watching the lanterns of the school's summer festival.

It was very intense, I felt vulnerable.

Which was why I needed to confess my feelings. Immediately. If there was one thing about Jisung, he was a coward. He would never be the one to approach me first.

Luckily, I had a free period during Sungie's last one of the day. I quickly rushed to Seungmin who worked part-time at the flower shop across the school. He already expected me to come, so I went ahead to give him 12.000 Won and he gave me the bouquet he made. Beautiful. Just like I wanted it.

"Thanks man." I gave him a quick smile before I went back to school to get my bag out of my locker.

Yet, I suddenly walked into Hwang Hyunjin who seemed to be on his way to the restroom. He paused when he saw me holding flowers.

"What?" I also stopped in my tracks.

"Did you win something, what's all this stuff for?" Since he was never the nicest to Jisung, my opinion of him was tainted with hatred. We never really talked. At least not directly.

"It's none of your business," was all I had to say before I grabbed my stuff and wanted to walk away.

"Hey!" Biting my lip, I tried to fight back the urge to turn around. Unfortunately, curiosity got the best of me and it didn't work.

"Your squirrel friend is "sick" at the infirmary." He pointed out the quotation marks with his fingers.

What a weirdo.

I just nodded, knowing my best friend all to well to make this sound believable. But maybe he was actually sick. Worried, I made my way over there but nothing could have prepared me for what I was met with.

There he was indeed. Jisung.

And he wasn't alone either. Lee Minho was literally all over him.

When I thought we had something, I apparently was too caught up in my own fantasies. It was clear as day that he fancied Minho.

Not really knowing how to react, I didn't end up entering the infirmary. However, I felt a hand on my shoulder but didn't bother turning around.

I would recognize his scent anywhere. It was very unique. Floral.

"Yo Changbin, do you usually wear glasses? The infirmary is right in front of..." Hyunjin looked in the same direction as me, thinking I didn't know where the infirmary was. "... you. I- I am sorry, Changbin."

And when I looked at him, he actually did seem apologetic. Although, I didn't know what he had to feel sorry for.

"Sorry for what? It's okay, my best friend is just having his first kiss. What are you doing in the hallway anyway?"