𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥: 𝟓𝟓𝟓

Perhaps it was the awkwardness that remained between us, that stopped me from reaching out to him

Perhaps it was the awkwardness that remained between us, that stopped me from reaching out to him. And he never texted back a single thing.

Things went that way for at least a month, and when I slowly started worrying whether he wanted to even remain as my friend, I try to call him.

But he doesn't answer any call or text.

I stare at the text, lips pursed and vision blurred. Maybe he was just busy....I'm overthinking this.

So ignore it.

He must be busy....

But he remains busy a week after that too. When I call, making sure this time that it's a time he won't be doing any work or chore, but there's no response again.

And then I see the messages he has read but didn't respond to those either. I sigh, tossing the phone aside, flinching as it bounced off the bed and hit the ground, a crack echoing in my empty apartment.

I spared it a glance, curling up in my blanket. " It can't be...right? Was it that bad? What about the things he did? "

I wiped the tears away as soon as they escaped, "...Isn't that too unfair? I didn't even mean to make him uncomfortable. "

--

" Just where are we going, Haru? The project deadline is right around the corner! "

" We're getting that phone of yours fixed. "

Ah, right. My phone...it stopped working after I had carelessly tossed it aside. Now it will cost me my snacks' worth of money. I groan, " I can get it fixed later! "

" No, it's not helping, Y/n! What if you need to call someone for emergency or something? " He reasoned as he pulled me along, I slumped.

Once we get my phone fixed (I want to cry. Why did I spend so much money on it?), we meet the idiot seniors in the discussed café and start working on the remaining of our project.

Soon enough, the sun sets and as I walk home, I once again wonder if Yamada really doesn't care...I wanted to believe it, but I knew him. Did he really ignore my my and texts on purpose?

A part of me reasons that he must be busy...but he wouldn't be that busy right? He could at least say so.

I did text Eita when he hadn't answered the first time. And Eita told me they didn't have any projects or anything.

I sigh, pausing at the sight of the convenience store. I guess...I'll I'll wallowing in self pity tonight, since it was weekend anyway.

--

The blurry figures made me frown,
" Huh? " I grinned, " Is that a text from Yamada?! YAMADA ISN'T MAD AT ME. "

I stumbled slightly as I viewed it, trying to read the dancing letters. One by one, I think there were multiple texts piling in but I couldn't keep up.